Archive for the ‘Outdoors’ Category
Good morning! It’s been a while but I keep coming back!
Here’s what I’m grateful for today:
- I’m grateful that I live in a country where we all have the right to vote on this election day! I voted this morning and regardless of who the winners are, I’m just grateful that I am a citizen of the greatest country in the world!
- I’m grateful for a beautiful fall weekend filled with family time! Saturday, Ben, the boys, and I ran the Wolanski 2 Miler to celebrate the retirement of my awesome OBGYN. We then bought lots of goodies at the Farmer’s Market and continued on to Carter Mountain Orchard for some apple picking. The boys had such a great time and I’m thankful I can give them fun and awesome experiences like these!
- I’m grateful to live in a city with such amazing preschool options! We’ve been touring preschools to enroll the boys in next fall and there are so many great schools around that it’s overwhelming to choose one!
- I’m thankful for the extra hour we got this weekend. While I’m not a fan of it getting dark super early, it was nice to get that extra hour on Sunday especially when there are never enough hours in the day!
- I’m grateful for a sweet sister. She sent me a sweet card and beautiful bracelet to ask me if I’d be her matron of honor in her wedding! I’m so excited for her and thankful to be her sister.
Happy day friends!
Good morning! Here’s a quick dose of gratitude to keep me positive this morning!
- I’m thankful for nice weather this past weekend. Even though it was hot and there was a heat advisory, I’m still happy the sun was shining. The boys and I were able to get outdoors quite a bit (while making sure to stay hydrated) and to me, that is much more fun than being stuck inside because of rain. We went on walks, attending the Charlottesville Farmers Market, and went to the Greenleaf Spray Park with friends!
- I’m thankful for my in-laws and all that they do to help us. On Saturday, they watched the boys for a couple hours so Ben and I could have an old-fashioned date: lunch at Beer Run and seeing Suicide Squad at Regal Stonefield (yay for free movie tickets)!
- I’m grateful for technology! This one shows up often on my list but that’s because it is a huge part of our everyday life. I’m so thankful we have the opportunity to watch the 2016 Summer Olympics thanks to the internet and television. It’s so awesome seeing the different competitors and matches!
- I’m thankful that my mom found a new job and that it is located close to where her family lives. She started her new job yesterday after being out of work since late February and I’m so grateful my uncle and aunt are letting her stay with them until she finds a place nearby.
- I’m thankful for Carter and Morgan. They are constantly reminding me what life is really about.
Have a great day!
Good grateful morning to you! We had a fun and fabulous weekend to make up for the sad and uneventful one before. Here’s what I’m grateful for today:
- I’m grateful for amazing friends who are so nice to share with us. My friend Lindsey and her husband and kiddos invited us to ACAC waterpark where they have a membership and we had so much fun with them! There is an enclosed kiddie area with a kiddie pool and splash pad so I was able to take the boys by myself without an extra helper. We had a great time, played in the water, and enjoyed lots of snacks by the pool. Thanks Lindsey and Greg!
- I’m grateful again for amazing friends and daddies who watch kiddos so mommies can get some much needed relaxation and adult time! Friday night, Sarah and I went to the free wine tasting at Market Street Wine Shop, something we used to do all the time B.K. (before kids!) and even ran into some old friends. Then Lindsey, Sarah, Kaleigh, Sherry, and a couple others met up at Wine & Design to paint a tree at sunset scene. Everyone brought delicious snacks and wine to share. We had a blast and decided to continue the evening with drinks at The Whiskey Jar. What an awesome night! Thanks to Lindsey for planning and thanks to Ben, Ian, and Greg for pulling extra daddy duties and putting the kids to bed so we could all enjoy the evening!
- I am so grateful I live in such an amazing part of the country where I can witness the beauty of nature every day! Saturday afternoon, while the boys were napping, I was sitting on the deck enjoying the sunshine and watching for hummingbirds when 2 bald eagles flew right by me and landed in a tree nearby. Ben and I watched them for several minutes with the binoculars. I’ve never seen one, much less 2, that close before! I’m so thankful I was in the right place at the right time!
- I’m grateful for my boys and for being given the gift of twins. Now that they are getting older, I’m getting glimpses of sibling love that just melt my heart and I’m so thankful I get to witness it. Morgan LOVES to hug and kiss Carter (although Carter isn’t always the biggest fan since it sometimes turns into a wrestling match) and it makes my heart so happy to see the love between them!
- Lastly, I’m thankful for my in-laws who help us in so many ways. This weekend, they allowed us to use their membership to a local neighborhood beach so we could take the boys to the lake and let them practice using their new floaties. They had so much fun and I’m so grateful to my in-laws for sharing these amenities with us!
Happy day friends!
Time for a little gratitude!
- I’m thankful for a wonderful place to work that provides me with flexibility, a part time schedule, and working from home capabilities that all allow me to spend more time with my children. They also have a wonderful wellness program that has helped me beyond any drug out there and has introduced me to the wonderful world of mindfulness and meditation. And to top it all off, they have a bi-annual employee appreciation day! I’m very grateful to work here!
- I’m grateful for access to therapies for my boys. Because they were born premature, they’ve been late to walk and talk and we are lucky to have a physical therapist and speech therapist who come to our house to work with us in addition to insurance that pays for it. Both the boys are walking now and are starting to mimic our words so I’m very grateful for their continued improvements and development!
- I’m thankful for the good things in life that have been happening for my sister and brother. Within the past year and a half they have both started new jobs in their preferred career path, begun relationships with very nice significant others, and have found their first real adult homes. I’m happy to see them happy!
- I’m grateful for the internet and social media. It has allowed my extended family to stay connected and plan a future family reunion that has been long overdue!
- I’m grateful for long walks on autumn days. My boys and I have been spending lots of time outdoors soaking up the last of the warmth and sunshine before winter comes and it makes me so happy to spend time with them outside.
Happy day friends!
Good morning friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day! Here’s a list of things I’m thankful for today:
- I’m thankful for a great 12 month checkup for my boys on Friday with no reactions to immunizations thus far! I’m also thankful for the doctor’s go-ahead that we can start giving the boys cow’s milk instead of formula. That is going to save us so much time and money!
- I’m thankful for a fun-filled weekend! After our doctors appointment on Friday, we met up with my friend Lindsey and her kiddos for some outdoor time and walking at Saunders-Monticello Trail. Lindsey took beautiful photos of us a couple of weeks ago and wanted to give me the pictures. Afterward, we met up with Ben and headed to Fridays After Five where we met our friends Chris and Cara and their little ones. We had a great time enjoying the beautiful weather and dancing to the live music! The boys did so great! Saturday, after an awesome personal record-making 4 mile run, I got to spend some quality time with some amazing ladies helping to throw a baby shower for my friend Amy and her lil guy who arrives in August! Sunday was low key with some quality family time. Monday, we celebrated Memorial Day with brunch at Beer Run. Sarah and Cora joined us for brunch and then we all headed over to Old Mills Trail near where Ben and I used to live and run together for a sunny walk. Afterward, we took the boys swimming for the first time! The weekend ended perfectly with a cookout at Ben’s parents’ house. The boys got their share of hamburgers and fruit salad!
- I’m so grateful for the new drive-thru Starbucks in town! Coffee and I are best friends now that I have 2 children who like to wake up before 6 AM and unloading and reloading the boys in and out of the car just wasn’t feasible for a latte but now my prayers have been answered and I can get my caffeine fix without waking them up! An extra special thanks goes out to my cousin Megan for the Starbucks gift card she gave me…my bank account is grateful for that!
- I’m thankful for the beautiful weather we’ve been having and while I’m thankful for the rain Texas has been receiving due to their drought status of recent years, I’m also thankful that all of my family in Texas is safe and sound despite the floods and storms.
- I’m thankful for all my friends and family who bring happiness and smiles to my days! Love you all!
Good morning and what a thankful Thursday this is!
- I’m thankful for a wonderful weekend spent with friends and family! We got to see our niece win a soccer game on Saturday morning and visit with family. Then that afternoon, we visited friends and met their new baby! Sunday was spent on the lawn at Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards with fun friends and cute babies sipping wine and making onesies! I have many amazing people in my life!
- I’m thankful for a husband who puts aloe on my back every day after getting a sunburn from the above mentioned winery lawn sitting!
- I’m grateful that I have a wonderful husband who is also an involved father and has daddy-son days occasionally so I can get out and have a break (like today when I am getting my hair cut!).
- I’m thankful for the rain we’ve had this week. It may be a pain but we need it and it washes all that pollen away.
- I’m grateful for my work friend who was so nice to bring me an Apricot flavored seltzer water this morning for me to try (in case you don’t know, I’m addicted to seltzer water!).
Happy day friends!
My thankful posts are all over the place, but I guess that’s a consequence of being a twin mom. I’m just grateful I’m able to find time to be grateful! 😉 Here are a few of my thankful thoughts for today:
- I’m grateful that another good friend had her baby and that everyone is happy and healthy.
- I’m thankful for my job and place of business. I am so lucky to work somewhere that gave me a 6 month maternity leave, allowed me to come back part time at 30 hours a week in order to keep my benefits but also spend more time with my boys, and lets me work a flexible schedule. There needs to be more companies and organizations that follow their lead when it comes to being family friend and having a work-life balance.
- I’m thankful for a wonderful Easter filled with family and friends who were able to come to our house on Sunday to join us for brunch.
- I’m grateful for spring! The boys and I have been going on lots of walks and runs and getting our Vitamin D after a long and cold winter.
- I’m thankful for my sweet boys who do so well when we take them places and introduce them to new things outside of their regular routine. Carter and Morgan went to the farmer’s market and then ran errands with Ben and I all day on Saturday and they did so well!
Love you friends!
Happy Tuesday friends! It feels like I’m always in a hurry these days, but here’s a quick list of gratitude to keep me mindful!
- I’m thankful for a healthy heart, strong legs, and a nice day that allowed Ben and I to run the Charlottesville Ten Miler on Saturday. We each got personal records for the distance and ran the whole time despite a lack of training due to cold weather, snow, illnesses, and overwhelming parenting duties!
- I’m thankful to my mother-in-law for everything she does for us. She got up early on her day off and watched the boys so Ben and I could run the race Saturday. She rocks!
- I’m thankful for my 3 men! The other day I was thinking that it finally feels like I have a family! I’ve been missing this feeling since I went away to college and I finally feel complete again.
- I’m thankful for warm weather and sunny skies! My 3 men and I have been going on lots of walks outside now that spring is upon us! I hope to instill a love of the outdoors in my children so we’re getting out as much as possible!
- I’m grateful for spring and summer! There are so many fun things planned in the next few months, I can hardly contain myself!
Happy day friends!
Thankful Monday was a bust but how about Thankful Tuesday!
I’m thankful for the following this lovely autumn day:
- I’m thankful for our double jogging stroller that I bought used for $50 when I was pregnant. If it weren’t for this awesome invention, I’d pretty much be getting no exercise or vitamin D via outdoor time. Last weekend, Ben and I took the boys for a walk in the stroller on the Saunders-Monticello Trail and they seemed to enjoy a nice change in scenery from our regular neighborhood walks.
- I’m thankful for our new Honda Odyssey that has given us much more room to travel together as a family and allows us to take the above-mentioned stroller to other locations besides our house! I can’t wait to drive it to Texas!
- I’m thankful for my husband and his willingness to buy the typical mommy vehicle instead of buying something that the young, cool guy in him wanted. Ben has NEVER had a new car and I’m sure when his got totaled he was thinking, this is my chance to buy something new and fun. But I convinced him that we needed a bigger vehicle and now he is driving the 3-year old Subaru Forester while I drive the fancy new van.
- I’m thankful for my part-time schedule and an employer that allows it. I work 30 hours a week – 24 hours at work on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays and the other 6 hours from home when the boys are sleeping during nap time or at night. Because of this, I am still able to spend the majority of my time with my buddies which is the most important thing to me!
- I’m thankful for coffee! It really does make it easier to get up at 5 AM with only 4 hours of sleep behind me!
Happy day friends!
Good morning! I’m thankful for another new week and fresh start!
Here’s what I’m thankful for this week:
- I’m thankful for a positive diagnosis from the doctor on Friday. Although my situation hasn’t gotten better in a week, it hasn’t gotten worse either, and for now, the medication I am taking seems to be preventing further causes of preterm labor and my babies and I have made it to 30 weeks as of today. Just 6 more weeks until their lungs are fully developed and hopefully I can make it 8 weeks to an ideal delivery time. I’m thankful for my doctor, Dr. T, and his expertise and the medication they have prescribed me.
- I’m thankful for a wonderful weekend with family and friends. Friday evening, we dined at Beer Run with my mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law for dinner before heading to see my niece in her elementary school’s production of 101 Dalmatians. Afterward, we celebrated my niece’s birthday with chocolate cake and ice cream and my nieces and sister-in-law gave us two beautifully hand-made blankets and a handmade soft block for the babies. Then Saturday morning, I cheered on Ben, Sarah, and lots of friends and fellow runners at the VIA 5K. It was a beautiful day for a race and even though I would have preferred to be running or walking, I was glad to be there to support everyone running and walking for such an amazing cause and organization. Plus I got to run into so many awesome people! Afterward, Ben and I attended my niece’s soccer game and got to spend more amazing time outdoors. Then Sunday, we attended the visitation for one of my best friends, Crystal’s, mother. Although it was due to sad circumstances, it was nice to see our good friends and run into some old familiar faces. I’m so grateful for all of these people that make my life so full!
- I’m thankful that I got to spend so much quality time with my mom last weekend and early last week. She left Tuesday afternoon after we had lunch at Timberwood Grill. I enjoyed her being here so much and she did so much for us as well including cooking us a roast dinner, helping me grocery shop, and cleaning our stove. For anyone who knows my mom well, you’ll know that cleaning the stove is HUGE for her since my mom is not a fan of cleaning anything.
- I’m thankful for Ben. He has been so helpful lately with driving me places and doing things for me that I’m not able to do because of my pregnancy. Most importantly, he has been the most calm, confident, and collective expectant father I’ve ever met which has really helped calm my nerves and anxiety about being a new mom to twins. I love him and am so thankful he’ll be the daddy to my babies.
- Lastly, I’m thankful for simple things that most people take for granted, like going to the bathroom. Pregnancy combined with my medication has done a number on my intestines so I’ll just say without getting too detailed that any day I can feel like a fraction of my old self if a good day.
Have a beautiful spring day!