Archive for the ‘Seasons’ Category
Good morning! It’s been a while but I keep coming back!
Here’s what I’m grateful for today:
- I’m grateful that I live in a country where we all have the right to vote on this election day! I voted this morning and regardless of who the winners are, I’m just grateful that I am a citizen of the greatest country in the world!
- I’m grateful for a beautiful fall weekend filled with family time! Saturday, Ben, the boys, and I ran the Wolanski 2 Miler to celebrate the retirement of my awesome OBGYN. We then bought lots of goodies at the Farmer’s Market and continued on to Carter Mountain Orchard for some apple picking. The boys had such a great time and I’m thankful I can give them fun and awesome experiences like these!
- I’m grateful to live in a city with such amazing preschool options! We’ve been touring preschools to enroll the boys in next fall and there are so many great schools around that it’s overwhelming to choose one!
- I’m thankful for the extra hour we got this weekend. While I’m not a fan of it getting dark super early, it was nice to get that extra hour on Sunday especially when there are never enough hours in the day!
- I’m grateful for a sweet sister. She sent me a sweet card and beautiful bracelet to ask me if I’d be her matron of honor in her wedding! I’m so excited for her and thankful to be her sister.
Happy day friends!
Good grateful morning to you! We had a fun and fabulous weekend to make up for the sad and uneventful one before. Here’s what I’m grateful for today:
- I’m grateful for amazing friends who are so nice to share with us. My friend Lindsey and her husband and kiddos invited us to ACAC waterpark where they have a membership and we had so much fun with them! There is an enclosed kiddie area with a kiddie pool and splash pad so I was able to take the boys by myself without an extra helper. We had a great time, played in the water, and enjoyed lots of snacks by the pool. Thanks Lindsey and Greg!
- I’m grateful again for amazing friends and daddies who watch kiddos so mommies can get some much needed relaxation and adult time! Friday night, Sarah and I went to the free wine tasting at Market Street Wine Shop, something we used to do all the time B.K. (before kids!) and even ran into some old friends. Then Lindsey, Sarah, Kaleigh, Sherry, and a couple others met up at Wine & Design to paint a tree at sunset scene. Everyone brought delicious snacks and wine to share. We had a blast and decided to continue the evening with drinks at The Whiskey Jar. What an awesome night! Thanks to Lindsey for planning and thanks to Ben, Ian, and Greg for pulling extra daddy duties and putting the kids to bed so we could all enjoy the evening!
- I am so grateful I live in such an amazing part of the country where I can witness the beauty of nature every day! Saturday afternoon, while the boys were napping, I was sitting on the deck enjoying the sunshine and watching for hummingbirds when 2 bald eagles flew right by me and landed in a tree nearby. Ben and I watched them for several minutes with the binoculars. I’ve never seen one, much less 2, that close before! I’m so thankful I was in the right place at the right time!
- I’m grateful for my boys and for being given the gift of twins. Now that they are getting older, I’m getting glimpses of sibling love that just melt my heart and I’m so thankful I get to witness it. Morgan LOVES to hug and kiss Carter (although Carter isn’t always the biggest fan since it sometimes turns into a wrestling match) and it makes my heart so happy to see the love between them!
- Lastly, I’m thankful for my in-laws who help us in so many ways. This weekend, they allowed us to use their membership to a local neighborhood beach so we could take the boys to the lake and let them practice using their new floaties. They had so much fun and I’m so grateful to my in-laws for sharing these amenities with us!
Happy day friends!
Hey friends! I hope everyone is staying warm! Here’s my thankful 5 for today:
- I’m so grateful we didn’t lose power during the blizzard this weekend.
- I’m thankful for my father-in-law who brought his tractor over to help dig out my van yesterday so we didn’t have to spend hours upon hours shoveling.
- I’m thankful that we didn’t get as much snow as they were predicting. 30 inches is way too much for this Texas girl!
- I’m grateful for Ben and his hard work making sure my car was cleaned up, unstuck, and ready to go this morning. I had zero delays this morning getting the van on the road.
- I’m grateful to get out of the house after being stuck inside for 4 days straight with the exception of some driveway shoveling!
Have a great day!
Hey there and welcome to this week’s post of gratitude! Here’s what I’m especially thankful for today:
- I’m grateful for my health and the health of my family members.
- I’m thankful for the fact that we’ve already passed the shortest day of the season and are headed toward longer and sunnier days.
- I’m grateful for winter. I’m not a fan of short days and cold temperatures but those two things keep my husband indoors more which means he gets to spend more time with the boys and I instead of working on our house and yard.
- I’m grateful for the opportunity to watch 2 little boys grow and learn. Watching them experience new things and learn new concepts is fascinating and I’m sad thinking about the day when they will no longer approach everything with such wonder.
- I’m thankful for coffee! I LOVE coffee and I drink a lot of it! Without it, I’d probably have a much harder time making it through most days without a nap so I’m very grateful for it!
Happy day friends!
Time for a little gratitude!
- I’m thankful for a wonderful place to work that provides me with flexibility, a part time schedule, and working from home capabilities that all allow me to spend more time with my children. They also have a wonderful wellness program that has helped me beyond any drug out there and has introduced me to the wonderful world of mindfulness and meditation. And to top it all off, they have a bi-annual employee appreciation day! I’m very grateful to work here!
- I’m grateful for access to therapies for my boys. Because they were born premature, they’ve been late to walk and talk and we are lucky to have a physical therapist and speech therapist who come to our house to work with us in addition to insurance that pays for it. Both the boys are walking now and are starting to mimic our words so I’m very grateful for their continued improvements and development!
- I’m thankful for the good things in life that have been happening for my sister and brother. Within the past year and a half they have both started new jobs in their preferred career path, begun relationships with very nice significant others, and have found their first real adult homes. I’m happy to see them happy!
- I’m grateful for the internet and social media. It has allowed my extended family to stay connected and plan a future family reunion that has been long overdue!
- I’m grateful for long walks on autumn days. My boys and I have been spending lots of time outdoors soaking up the last of the warmth and sunshine before winter comes and it makes me so happy to spend time with them outside.
Happy day friends!
Oh wow! It’s been a while since my last post! Summer has been busy yall! I need to remember to be grateful and keep a positive outlook on life so here’s a few nuggets of gratitude!
- I’m thankful for the opportunity to fly to Texas with Ben and the boys back in July and introduce Carter and Morgan to so many friends and family and the place that I first (and will forever) called home! They got to meet so many people who are some of the most important people in my life and that makes me so happy!
- I’m thankful for an amazing summer so far! We’ve done so much, including but not limited to, graduated from swimming lessons, tried out our first splash park, flew to Texas and back, ate authentic Tex-Mex, went to the Richmond Zoo, met and visited uncles, aunts, and cousins (in both Texas and Virginia), attended 2 beer festivals, went to King Family Polo with awesome friends, had so many awesome play dates, went swimming, visited new wineries and breweries, tried lots of new foods and restaurants, and went on lots of fun walks! If I have time, I’ll do a detailed recap of the boys’ big summer. What a blast it has been and I thank my boys and everyone involved for making it so much fun!
- I’m thankful for a new restaurant in town I’ve discovered, Brazos Tacos. It is owned and run by Texans, serves authentic Texas-style tacos and awesome salsas and guac, and is totally kid friendly! I’m so thankful for a little taste of home here in Virginia.
- I’m grateful for awesome coworkers and cool people I have the opportunity to work with. I’m lucky to be surrounded by such talent and amazing personalities.
- I’m grateful for all of the moms in my life…they make being a mom myself so much easier and so much more fun!
Love to you all!
My thankful posts are all over the place, but I guess that’s a consequence of being a twin mom. I’m just grateful I’m able to find time to be grateful! 😉 Here are a few of my thankful thoughts for today:
- I’m grateful that another good friend had her baby and that everyone is happy and healthy.
- I’m thankful for my job and place of business. I am so lucky to work somewhere that gave me a 6 month maternity leave, allowed me to come back part time at 30 hours a week in order to keep my benefits but also spend more time with my boys, and lets me work a flexible schedule. There needs to be more companies and organizations that follow their lead when it comes to being family friend and having a work-life balance.
- I’m thankful for a wonderful Easter filled with family and friends who were able to come to our house on Sunday to join us for brunch.
- I’m grateful for spring! The boys and I have been going on lots of walks and runs and getting our Vitamin D after a long and cold winter.
- I’m thankful for my sweet boys who do so well when we take them places and introduce them to new things outside of their regular routine. Carter and Morgan went to the farmer’s market and then ran errands with Ben and I all day on Saturday and they did so well!
Love you friends!
Happy Tuesday friends! It feels like I’m always in a hurry these days, but here’s a quick list of gratitude to keep me mindful!
- I’m thankful for a healthy heart, strong legs, and a nice day that allowed Ben and I to run the Charlottesville Ten Miler on Saturday. We each got personal records for the distance and ran the whole time despite a lack of training due to cold weather, snow, illnesses, and overwhelming parenting duties!
- I’m thankful to my mother-in-law for everything she does for us. She got up early on her day off and watched the boys so Ben and I could run the race Saturday. She rocks!
- I’m thankful for my 3 men! The other day I was thinking that it finally feels like I have a family! I’ve been missing this feeling since I went away to college and I finally feel complete again.
- I’m thankful for warm weather and sunny skies! My 3 men and I have been going on lots of walks outside now that spring is upon us! I hope to instill a love of the outdoors in my children so we’re getting out as much as possible!
- I’m grateful for spring and summer! There are so many fun things planned in the next few months, I can hardly contain myself!
Happy day friends!
I’m super busy but here’s a quick list of gratitude:
- I’m thankful neither of my boys caught either of the stomach bugs I’ve had in the last month.
- I’m thankful for the health of my family and myself. There have been a few deaths among my circles recently and it makes me realize how grateful I am that we are doing well right now.
- I’m grateful for spring and warm weather! We have had a few warm days in the past week, including one with a temperature of 82 degrees! I’ve been able to get out for walks and runs the past 3 days! It was a long winter but I think warm weather is here to stay a while!
- I’m thankful that my Morgie got a clean bill of health from the pediatric urologist at his post-op follow-up visit on Monday.
- I’m thankful for our physical therapist and the great strides she’s helped my boys make over the past few months.
Hi All! Here’s a long-overdue Thankful post. Today, I’m thankful for the following:
- I’m thankful my boys haven’t caught the stomach bug that Ben and I had last week.
- I’m thankful that both of my boys are sleeping in their cribs, in their own room, through the night now!
- I’m grateful for my little family. Last night, Ben and I just sat on the floor in amazement, laughing at our adorable little boys!
- I’m thankful for spring time…it’s been a long, cold winter, but it’s March and we’re almost there!
- I’m thankful for books. One of my favorite things to do is to read to my little guys and I’m grateful for our little library of books that we have to choose from!
Happy day friends!