Archive for the ‘Seasons’ Category
Hey friends! I hope everyone is staying warm! Here’s my thankful 5 for today:
- I’m so grateful we didn’t lose power during the blizzard this weekend.
- I’m thankful for my father-in-law who brought his tractor over to help dig out my van yesterday so we didn’t have to spend hours upon hours shoveling.
- I’m thankful that we didn’t get as much snow as they were predicting. 30 inches is way too much for this Texas girl!
- I’m grateful for Ben and his hard work making sure my car was cleaned up, unstuck, and ready to go this morning. I had zero delays this morning getting the van on the road.
- I’m grateful to get out of the house after being stuck inside for 4 days straight with the exception of some driveway shoveling!
Have a great day!
Hey there and welcome to this week’s post of gratitude! Here’s what I’m especially thankful for today:
- I’m grateful for my health and the health of my family members.
- I’m thankful for the fact that we’ve already passed the shortest day of the season and are headed toward longer and sunnier days.
- I’m grateful for winter. I’m not a fan of short days and cold temperatures but those two things keep my husband indoors more which means he gets to spend more time with the boys and I instead of working on our house and yard.
- I’m grateful for the opportunity to watch 2 little boys grow and learn. Watching them experience new things and learn new concepts is fascinating and I’m sad thinking about the day when they will no longer approach everything with such wonder.
- I’m thankful for coffee! I LOVE coffee and I drink a lot of it! Without it, I’d probably have a much harder time making it through most days without a nap so I’m very grateful for it!
Happy day friends!
Time for a little gratitude!
- I’m thankful for a wonderful place to work that provides me with flexibility, a part time schedule, and working from home capabilities that all allow me to spend more time with my children. They also have a wonderful wellness program that has helped me beyond any drug out there and has introduced me to the wonderful world of mindfulness and meditation. And to top it all off, they have a bi-annual employee appreciation day! I’m very grateful to work here!
- I’m grateful for access to therapies for my boys. Because they were born premature, they’ve been late to walk and talk and we are lucky to have a physical therapist and speech therapist who come to our house to work with us in addition to insurance that pays for it. Both the boys are walking now and are starting to mimic our words so I’m very grateful for their continued improvements and development!
- I’m thankful for the good things in life that have been happening for my sister and brother. Within the past year and a half they have both started new jobs in their preferred career path, begun relationships with very nice significant others, and have found their first real adult homes. I’m happy to see them happy!
- I’m grateful for the internet and social media. It has allowed my extended family to stay connected and plan a future family reunion that has been long overdue!
- I’m grateful for long walks on autumn days. My boys and I have been spending lots of time outdoors soaking up the last of the warmth and sunshine before winter comes and it makes me so happy to spend time with them outside.
Happy day friends!
Oh wow! It’s been a while since my last post! Summer has been busy yall! I need to remember to be grateful and keep a positive outlook on life so here’s a few nuggets of gratitude!
- I’m thankful for the opportunity to fly to Texas with Ben and the boys back in July and introduce Carter and Morgan to so many friends and family and the place that I first (and will forever) called home! They got to meet so many people who are some of the most important people in my life and that makes me so happy!
- I’m thankful for an amazing summer so far! We’ve done so much, including but not limited to, graduated from swimming lessons, tried out our first splash park, flew to Texas and back, ate authentic Tex-Mex, went to the Richmond Zoo, met and visited uncles, aunts, and cousins (in both Texas and Virginia), attended 2 beer festivals, went to King Family Polo with awesome friends, had so many awesome play dates, went swimming, visited new wineries and breweries, tried lots of new foods and restaurants, and went on lots of fun walks! If I have time, I’ll do a detailed recap of the boys’ big summer. What a blast it has been and I thank my boys and everyone involved for making it so much fun!
- I’m thankful for a new restaurant in town I’ve discovered, Brazos Tacos. It is owned and run by Texans, serves authentic Texas-style tacos and awesome salsas and guac, and is totally kid friendly! I’m so thankful for a little taste of home here in Virginia.
- I’m grateful for awesome coworkers and cool people I have the opportunity to work with. I’m lucky to be surrounded by such talent and amazing personalities.
- I’m grateful for all of the moms in my life…they make being a mom myself so much easier and so much more fun!
Love to you all!
My thankful posts are all over the place, but I guess that’s a consequence of being a twin mom. I’m just grateful I’m able to find time to be grateful! 😉 Here are a few of my thankful thoughts for today:
- I’m grateful that another good friend had her baby and that everyone is happy and healthy.
- I’m thankful for my job and place of business. I am so lucky to work somewhere that gave me a 6 month maternity leave, allowed me to come back part time at 30 hours a week in order to keep my benefits but also spend more time with my boys, and lets me work a flexible schedule. There needs to be more companies and organizations that follow their lead when it comes to being family friend and having a work-life balance.
- I’m thankful for a wonderful Easter filled with family and friends who were able to come to our house on Sunday to join us for brunch.
- I’m grateful for spring! The boys and I have been going on lots of walks and runs and getting our Vitamin D after a long and cold winter.
- I’m thankful for my sweet boys who do so well when we take them places and introduce them to new things outside of their regular routine. Carter and Morgan went to the farmer’s market and then ran errands with Ben and I all day on Saturday and they did so well!
Love you friends!
Happy Tuesday friends! It feels like I’m always in a hurry these days, but here’s a quick list of gratitude to keep me mindful!
- I’m thankful for a healthy heart, strong legs, and a nice day that allowed Ben and I to run the Charlottesville Ten Miler on Saturday. We each got personal records for the distance and ran the whole time despite a lack of training due to cold weather, snow, illnesses, and overwhelming parenting duties!
- I’m thankful to my mother-in-law for everything she does for us. She got up early on her day off and watched the boys so Ben and I could run the race Saturday. She rocks!
- I’m thankful for my 3 men! The other day I was thinking that it finally feels like I have a family! I’ve been missing this feeling since I went away to college and I finally feel complete again.
- I’m thankful for warm weather and sunny skies! My 3 men and I have been going on lots of walks outside now that spring is upon us! I hope to instill a love of the outdoors in my children so we’re getting out as much as possible!
- I’m grateful for spring and summer! There are so many fun things planned in the next few months, I can hardly contain myself!
Happy day friends!
I’m super busy but here’s a quick list of gratitude:
- I’m thankful neither of my boys caught either of the stomach bugs I’ve had in the last month.
- I’m thankful for the health of my family and myself. There have been a few deaths among my circles recently and it makes me realize how grateful I am that we are doing well right now.
- I’m grateful for spring and warm weather! We have had a few warm days in the past week, including one with a temperature of 82 degrees! I’ve been able to get out for walks and runs the past 3 days! It was a long winter but I think warm weather is here to stay a while!
- I’m thankful that my Morgie got a clean bill of health from the pediatric urologist at his post-op follow-up visit on Monday.
- I’m thankful for our physical therapist and the great strides she’s helped my boys make over the past few months.
Hi All! Here’s a long-overdue Thankful post. Today, I’m thankful for the following:
- I’m thankful my boys haven’t caught the stomach bug that Ben and I had last week.
- I’m thankful that both of my boys are sleeping in their cribs, in their own room, through the night now!
- I’m grateful for my little family. Last night, Ben and I just sat on the floor in amazement, laughing at our adorable little boys!
- I’m thankful for spring time…it’s been a long, cold winter, but it’s March and we’re almost there!
- I’m thankful for books. One of my favorite things to do is to read to my little guys and I’m grateful for our little library of books that we have to choose from!
Happy day friends!
Thankful Monday was a bust but how about Thankful Tuesday!
I’m thankful for the following this lovely autumn day:
- I’m thankful for our double jogging stroller that I bought used for $50 when I was pregnant. If it weren’t for this awesome invention, I’d pretty much be getting no exercise or vitamin D via outdoor time. Last weekend, Ben and I took the boys for a walk in the stroller on the Saunders-Monticello Trail and they seemed to enjoy a nice change in scenery from our regular neighborhood walks.
- I’m thankful for our new Honda Odyssey that has given us much more room to travel together as a family and allows us to take the above-mentioned stroller to other locations besides our house! I can’t wait to drive it to Texas!
- I’m thankful for my husband and his willingness to buy the typical mommy vehicle instead of buying something that the young, cool guy in him wanted. Ben has NEVER had a new car and I’m sure when his got totaled he was thinking, this is my chance to buy something new and fun. But I convinced him that we needed a bigger vehicle and now he is driving the 3-year old Subaru Forester while I drive the fancy new van.
- I’m thankful for my part-time schedule and an employer that allows it. I work 30 hours a week – 24 hours at work on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays and the other 6 hours from home when the boys are sleeping during nap time or at night. Because of this, I am still able to spend the majority of my time with my buddies which is the most important thing to me!
- I’m thankful for coffee! It really does make it easier to get up at 5 AM with only 4 hours of sleep behind me!
Happy day friends!
Good morning! I’m thankful for another new week and fresh start!
Here’s what I’m thankful for this week:
- I’m thankful for a positive diagnosis from the doctor on Friday. Although my situation hasn’t gotten better in a week, it hasn’t gotten worse either, and for now, the medication I am taking seems to be preventing further causes of preterm labor and my babies and I have made it to 30 weeks as of today. Just 6 more weeks until their lungs are fully developed and hopefully I can make it 8 weeks to an ideal delivery time. I’m thankful for my doctor, Dr. T, and his expertise and the medication they have prescribed me.
- I’m thankful for a wonderful weekend with family and friends. Friday evening, we dined at Beer Run with my mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law for dinner before heading to see my niece in her elementary school’s production of 101 Dalmatians. Afterward, we celebrated my niece’s birthday with chocolate cake and ice cream and my nieces and sister-in-law gave us two beautifully hand-made blankets and a handmade soft block for the babies. Then Saturday morning, I cheered on Ben, Sarah, and lots of friends and fellow runners at the VIA 5K. It was a beautiful day for a race and even though I would have preferred to be running or walking, I was glad to be there to support everyone running and walking for such an amazing cause and organization. Plus I got to run into so many awesome people! Afterward, Ben and I attended my niece’s soccer game and got to spend more amazing time outdoors. Then Sunday, we attended the visitation for one of my best friends, Crystal’s, mother. Although it was due to sad circumstances, it was nice to see our good friends and run into some old familiar faces. I’m so grateful for all of these people that make my life so full!
- I’m thankful that I got to spend so much quality time with my mom last weekend and early last week. She left Tuesday afternoon after we had lunch at Timberwood Grill. I enjoyed her being here so much and she did so much for us as well including cooking us a roast dinner, helping me grocery shop, and cleaning our stove. For anyone who knows my mom well, you’ll know that cleaning the stove is HUGE for her since my mom is not a fan of cleaning anything.
- I’m thankful for Ben. He has been so helpful lately with driving me places and doing things for me that I’m not able to do because of my pregnancy. Most importantly, he has been the most calm, confident, and collective expectant father I’ve ever met which has really helped calm my nerves and anxiety about being a new mom to twins. I love him and am so thankful he’ll be the daddy to my babies.
- Lastly, I’m thankful for simple things that most people take for granted, like going to the bathroom. Pregnancy combined with my medication has done a number on my intestines so I’ll just say without getting too detailed that any day I can feel like a fraction of my old self if a good day.
Have a beautiful spring day!