Archive for the ‘Children’ Category
Good morning! It’s been a while but I keep coming back!
Here’s what I’m grateful for today:
- I’m grateful that I live in a country where we all have the right to vote on this election day! I voted this morning and regardless of who the winners are, I’m just grateful that I am a citizen of the greatest country in the world!
- I’m grateful for a beautiful fall weekend filled with family time! Saturday, Ben, the boys, and I ran the Wolanski 2 Miler to celebrate the retirement of my awesome OBGYN. We then bought lots of goodies at the Farmer’s Market and continued on to Carter Mountain Orchard for some apple picking. The boys had such a great time and I’m thankful I can give them fun and awesome experiences like these!
- I’m grateful to live in a city with such amazing preschool options! We’ve been touring preschools to enroll the boys in next fall and there are so many great schools around that it’s overwhelming to choose one!
- I’m thankful for the extra hour we got this weekend. While I’m not a fan of it getting dark super early, it was nice to get that extra hour on Sunday especially when there are never enough hours in the day!
- I’m grateful for a sweet sister. She sent me a sweet card and beautiful bracelet to ask me if I’d be her matron of honor in her wedding! I’m so excited for her and thankful to be her sister.
Happy day friends!
Good morning! Here’s a quick dose of gratitude to keep me positive this morning!
- I’m thankful for nice weather this past weekend. Even though it was hot and there was a heat advisory, I’m still happy the sun was shining. The boys and I were able to get outdoors quite a bit (while making sure to stay hydrated) and to me, that is much more fun than being stuck inside because of rain. We went on walks, attending the Charlottesville Farmers Market, and went to the Greenleaf Spray Park with friends!
- I’m thankful for my in-laws and all that they do to help us. On Saturday, they watched the boys for a couple hours so Ben and I could have an old-fashioned date: lunch at Beer Run and seeing Suicide Squad at Regal Stonefield (yay for free movie tickets)!
- I’m grateful for technology! This one shows up often on my list but that’s because it is a huge part of our everyday life. I’m so thankful we have the opportunity to watch the 2016 Summer Olympics thanks to the internet and television. It’s so awesome seeing the different competitors and matches!
- I’m thankful that my mom found a new job and that it is located close to where her family lives. She started her new job yesterday after being out of work since late February and I’m so grateful my uncle and aunt are letting her stay with them until she finds a place nearby.
- I’m thankful for Carter and Morgan. They are constantly reminding me what life is really about.
Have a great day!
Good grateful morning to you! We had a fun and fabulous weekend to make up for the sad and uneventful one before. Here’s what I’m grateful for today:
- I’m grateful for amazing friends who are so nice to share with us. My friend Lindsey and her husband and kiddos invited us to ACAC waterpark where they have a membership and we had so much fun with them! There is an enclosed kiddie area with a kiddie pool and splash pad so I was able to take the boys by myself without an extra helper. We had a great time, played in the water, and enjoyed lots of snacks by the pool. Thanks Lindsey and Greg!
- I’m grateful again for amazing friends and daddies who watch kiddos so mommies can get some much needed relaxation and adult time! Friday night, Sarah and I went to the free wine tasting at Market Street Wine Shop, something we used to do all the time B.K. (before kids!) and even ran into some old friends. Then Lindsey, Sarah, Kaleigh, Sherry, and a couple others met up at Wine & Design to paint a tree at sunset scene. Everyone brought delicious snacks and wine to share. We had a blast and decided to continue the evening with drinks at The Whiskey Jar. What an awesome night! Thanks to Lindsey for planning and thanks to Ben, Ian, and Greg for pulling extra daddy duties and putting the kids to bed so we could all enjoy the evening!
- I am so grateful I live in such an amazing part of the country where I can witness the beauty of nature every day! Saturday afternoon, while the boys were napping, I was sitting on the deck enjoying the sunshine and watching for hummingbirds when 2 bald eagles flew right by me and landed in a tree nearby. Ben and I watched them for several minutes with the binoculars. I’ve never seen one, much less 2, that close before! I’m so thankful I was in the right place at the right time!
- I’m grateful for my boys and for being given the gift of twins. Now that they are getting older, I’m getting glimpses of sibling love that just melt my heart and I’m so thankful I get to witness it. Morgan LOVES to hug and kiss Carter (although Carter isn’t always the biggest fan since it sometimes turns into a wrestling match) and it makes my heart so happy to see the love between them!
- Lastly, I’m thankful for my in-laws who help us in so many ways. This weekend, they allowed us to use their membership to a local neighborhood beach so we could take the boys to the lake and let them practice using their new floaties. They had so much fun and I’m so grateful to my in-laws for sharing these amenities with us!
Happy day friends!
WOW! It’s been a long time y’all! Life is busy with 2 toddlers! I think since the last time I’ve written we’ve enjoyed 2 trips to Texas, endured multiple illnesses, and celebrated the boys turning 2!
I actually have a quick moment to express some gratitude so here it is:
- I’m thankful that my boys are 2! They are amazing and watching them learn, play, and interact with each other every day is a blessing times 2!
- I’m thankful that my boys seem to be catching up developmentally. Being born 2 months early, we’ve dealt with physical delays, speech delays, motor skill delays and have been involved in multiple therapies. While they still have some catching up to do, the development doctors and therapists at their 2 year NICU development checkup yesterday were very pleased with their growth and improvement! Go Carter and Morgan!
- I’m thankful for my husband. We don’t always agree or get along but he humors me more than I probably realize and he works very hard to take care of the boys and I, our house, and himself. He went out and bought a window AC unit for the boys’ room since the HVAC on our second floor is broken and installed it right away!
- I’m thankful for my good friend Lindsey who has taken family photos of us multiple times over the past 2 years. She is so talented and did I mention she does it for FREE?!?! Plus she is just an amazing person! Here’s one of my favorite shots from our most recent photo shoot about a month ago:
- I’m thankful for all the amazing people I work with! We’ve been having lots of good times at happy hours lately and its so nice to work with friendly and fun people!
- BONUS – I’m grateful our cat, Revolver Ocelot, came back after running away and being gone for almost a full month! I’m so thankful he is ok despite losing a lot of weight and being bitten by another animal.
Happy day friends!
Hey there and welcome to this week’s post of gratitude! Here’s what I’m especially thankful for today:
- I’m grateful for my health and the health of my family members.
- I’m thankful for the fact that we’ve already passed the shortest day of the season and are headed toward longer and sunnier days.
- I’m grateful for winter. I’m not a fan of short days and cold temperatures but those two things keep my husband indoors more which means he gets to spend more time with the boys and I instead of working on our house and yard.
- I’m grateful for the opportunity to watch 2 little boys grow and learn. Watching them experience new things and learn new concepts is fascinating and I’m sad thinking about the day when they will no longer approach everything with such wonder.
- I’m thankful for coffee! I LOVE coffee and I drink a lot of it! Without it, I’d probably have a much harder time making it through most days without a nap so I’m very grateful for it!
Happy day friends!
Time for a little gratitude!
- I’m thankful for a wonderful place to work that provides me with flexibility, a part time schedule, and working from home capabilities that all allow me to spend more time with my children. They also have a wonderful wellness program that has helped me beyond any drug out there and has introduced me to the wonderful world of mindfulness and meditation. And to top it all off, they have a bi-annual employee appreciation day! I’m very grateful to work here!
- I’m grateful for access to therapies for my boys. Because they were born premature, they’ve been late to walk and talk and we are lucky to have a physical therapist and speech therapist who come to our house to work with us in addition to insurance that pays for it. Both the boys are walking now and are starting to mimic our words so I’m very grateful for their continued improvements and development!
- I’m thankful for the good things in life that have been happening for my sister and brother. Within the past year and a half they have both started new jobs in their preferred career path, begun relationships with very nice significant others, and have found their first real adult homes. I’m happy to see them happy!
- I’m grateful for the internet and social media. It has allowed my extended family to stay connected and plan a future family reunion that has been long overdue!
- I’m grateful for long walks on autumn days. My boys and I have been spending lots of time outdoors soaking up the last of the warmth and sunshine before winter comes and it makes me so happy to spend time with them outside.
Happy day friends!
This week, my family and I have a lot to be grateful for:
- My father-in-law nearly choked to death and my mother-in-law saved his life! I’m grateful that he is ok and so thankful that my mother-in-law was there and able to save him. I’m also very thankful for the quick-responding EMTs and hospital staff at Martha Jefferson who took good care of him.
- I’m thankful for each day that myself and everyone I love wakes up and is healthy. After what happened this week, I am reminded that every day is a gift for us all.
- I’m thankful that we live close to my in-laws and were able to be nearby in an emergency.
- I’m grateful for washing machines! We’ve had alot of blowouts this week and having a washing machine and dryer sure does make life with toddlers a lot easier!
- I’m thankful for the week ahead which will be filled with sun, fun, family, and friends!
Love to you all!
Oh wow! It’s been a while since my last post! Summer has been busy yall! I need to remember to be grateful and keep a positive outlook on life so here’s a few nuggets of gratitude!
- I’m thankful for the opportunity to fly to Texas with Ben and the boys back in July and introduce Carter and Morgan to so many friends and family and the place that I first (and will forever) called home! They got to meet so many people who are some of the most important people in my life and that makes me so happy!
- I’m thankful for an amazing summer so far! We’ve done so much, including but not limited to, graduated from swimming lessons, tried out our first splash park, flew to Texas and back, ate authentic Tex-Mex, went to the Richmond Zoo, met and visited uncles, aunts, and cousins (in both Texas and Virginia), attended 2 beer festivals, went to King Family Polo with awesome friends, had so many awesome play dates, went swimming, visited new wineries and breweries, tried lots of new foods and restaurants, and went on lots of fun walks! If I have time, I’ll do a detailed recap of the boys’ big summer. What a blast it has been and I thank my boys and everyone involved for making it so much fun!
- I’m thankful for a new restaurant in town I’ve discovered, Brazos Tacos. It is owned and run by Texans, serves authentic Texas-style tacos and awesome salsas and guac, and is totally kid friendly! I’m so thankful for a little taste of home here in Virginia.
- I’m grateful for awesome coworkers and cool people I have the opportunity to work with. I’m lucky to be surrounded by such talent and amazing personalities.
- I’m grateful for all of the moms in my life…they make being a mom myself so much easier and so much more fun!
Love to you all!
I’m having a bit of a hard time staying positive these days. I’m pretty busy and stretched very thin between work, home responsibilities, and raising 2 twoddlers who want to get into EVERYTHING. So maybe making this list will help me remember what is important.
- I’m thankful that my boys let me sleep for most of the night since I have a bad summer cold and desperately needed the rest.
- I’m thankful that my little guys seem to be progressing perfectly despite their prematurity. Carter is walking and Morgan is very close to cruising. Both boys are crawling all over the place faster than I can keep up!
- I’m thankful for the new program my work is facilitating to allow us to purchase shares of locally grown fruits and veggies every other week. This will make grocery shopping a little easier/quicker for us and also provide all 4 of us with a healthy diet.
- I’m thankful for children that thus far have seemed to have little or no issues with change and are pretty easy-going. They took to the bottle easily, they made the transition to cow’s milk without a blink of an eye, they did so well with me going back to work, and they took to sleeping in their cribs like pros. They also eat pretty much anything we put in front of them! I’m hoping they continue to be laid-back and enjoy going with the flow!
- I’m grateful for Skype. I’ve been pretty down lately about that fact that we live so far away from my family. People close to me are having babies and experiencing important life events and it hurts that I’m not there to meet the little ones or be a part of the celebrations. At least having Skype makes that hurt a little less.
Have a great day!
Good morning friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day! Here’s a list of things I’m thankful for today:
- I’m thankful for a great 12 month checkup for my boys on Friday with no reactions to immunizations thus far! I’m also thankful for the doctor’s go-ahead that we can start giving the boys cow’s milk instead of formula. That is going to save us so much time and money!
- I’m thankful for a fun-filled weekend! After our doctors appointment on Friday, we met up with my friend Lindsey and her kiddos for some outdoor time and walking at Saunders-Monticello Trail. Lindsey took beautiful photos of us a couple of weeks ago and wanted to give me the pictures. Afterward, we met up with Ben and headed to Fridays After Five where we met our friends Chris and Cara and their little ones. We had a great time enjoying the beautiful weather and dancing to the live music! The boys did so great! Saturday, after an awesome personal record-making 4 mile run, I got to spend some quality time with some amazing ladies helping to throw a baby shower for my friend Amy and her lil guy who arrives in August! Sunday was low key with some quality family time. Monday, we celebrated Memorial Day with brunch at Beer Run. Sarah and Cora joined us for brunch and then we all headed over to Old Mills Trail near where Ben and I used to live and run together for a sunny walk. Afterward, we took the boys swimming for the first time! The weekend ended perfectly with a cookout at Ben’s parents’ house. The boys got their share of hamburgers and fruit salad!
- I’m so grateful for the new drive-thru Starbucks in town! Coffee and I are best friends now that I have 2 children who like to wake up before 6 AM and unloading and reloading the boys in and out of the car just wasn’t feasible for a latte but now my prayers have been answered and I can get my caffeine fix without waking them up! An extra special thanks goes out to my cousin Megan for the Starbucks gift card she gave me…my bank account is grateful for that!
- I’m thankful for the beautiful weather we’ve been having and while I’m thankful for the rain Texas has been receiving due to their drought status of recent years, I’m also thankful that all of my family in Texas is safe and sound despite the floods and storms.
- I’m thankful for all my friends and family who bring happiness and smiles to my days! Love you all!