Archive for the ‘Spring’ Category
It’s been a long time (3 months to be exact) since I last posted. Life’s been busy with 2 two-year olds, work, home-ownership, and a few other things I have up my sleeve. I’ve been trying to remember to be grateful and practice gratitude and I’m even trying to teach my boys how to practice it, but nothing seems to work as well as this weekly posting so I’m back for more!
Today, I’m thankful for the following:
- I’m thankful for a fun trip to Texas 2 weeks ago and also so thankful to my dad for footing the bill, my sister and brother and their significant others for hosting us, and my mom for making a special trip just to see us for a couple of hours. We had such a great time in Houston and got to see so many friends and family we love so much. We can’t wait for our next trip!
- I’m grateful for the opportunity my boys have to start preschool in August. We got into our first choice school and I’m so excited for them to start attending and learning! I’m grateful they were accepted and we didn’t have to be on a wait-list.
- I’m thankful for new opportunities at work. I’m been extra busy at work since the start of 2017 learning some new skills and getting familiar with new areas of our website that I hadn’t previously had the opportunity to work in. I’m grateful to my boss and team for giving me the opportunity and also providing me with support as I learn.
- I’m thankful for spring! It’s here and the cold weather, my least favorite, is almost behind us! Bring on the flip-flops!
- I’m thankful for my husband who continues to work hard on getting our house in order. It seems like he is constantly fixing or improving something and all of that on top of working full time and taking great care of his health and fitness! We would be lost without him.
Have a happy day and I hope to post again next week!
My thankful posts are all over the place, but I guess that’s a consequence of being a twin mom. I’m just grateful I’m able to find time to be grateful! 😉 Here are a few of my thankful thoughts for today:
- I’m grateful that another good friend had her baby and that everyone is happy and healthy.
- I’m thankful for my job and place of business. I am so lucky to work somewhere that gave me a 6 month maternity leave, allowed me to come back part time at 30 hours a week in order to keep my benefits but also spend more time with my boys, and lets me work a flexible schedule. There needs to be more companies and organizations that follow their lead when it comes to being family friend and having a work-life balance.
- I’m thankful for a wonderful Easter filled with family and friends who were able to come to our house on Sunday to join us for brunch.
- I’m grateful for spring! The boys and I have been going on lots of walks and runs and getting our Vitamin D after a long and cold winter.
- I’m thankful for my sweet boys who do so well when we take them places and introduce them to new things outside of their regular routine. Carter and Morgan went to the farmer’s market and then ran errands with Ben and I all day on Saturday and they did so well!
Love you friends!
Happy Tuesday friends! It feels like I’m always in a hurry these days, but here’s a quick list of gratitude to keep me mindful!
- I’m thankful for a healthy heart, strong legs, and a nice day that allowed Ben and I to run the Charlottesville Ten Miler on Saturday. We each got personal records for the distance and ran the whole time despite a lack of training due to cold weather, snow, illnesses, and overwhelming parenting duties!
- I’m thankful to my mother-in-law for everything she does for us. She got up early on her day off and watched the boys so Ben and I could run the race Saturday. She rocks!
- I’m thankful for my 3 men! The other day I was thinking that it finally feels like I have a family! I’ve been missing this feeling since I went away to college and I finally feel complete again.
- I’m thankful for warm weather and sunny skies! My 3 men and I have been going on lots of walks outside now that spring is upon us! I hope to instill a love of the outdoors in my children so we’re getting out as much as possible!
- I’m grateful for spring and summer! There are so many fun things planned in the next few months, I can hardly contain myself!
Happy day friends!
I’m super busy but here’s a quick list of gratitude:
- I’m thankful neither of my boys caught either of the stomach bugs I’ve had in the last month.
- I’m thankful for the health of my family and myself. There have been a few deaths among my circles recently and it makes me realize how grateful I am that we are doing well right now.
- I’m grateful for spring and warm weather! We have had a few warm days in the past week, including one with a temperature of 82 degrees! I’ve been able to get out for walks and runs the past 3 days! It was a long winter but I think warm weather is here to stay a while!
- I’m thankful that my Morgie got a clean bill of health from the pediatric urologist at his post-op follow-up visit on Monday.
- I’m thankful for our physical therapist and the great strides she’s helped my boys make over the past few months.
Hi All! Here’s a long-overdue Thankful post. Today, I’m thankful for the following:
- I’m thankful my boys haven’t caught the stomach bug that Ben and I had last week.
- I’m thankful that both of my boys are sleeping in their cribs, in their own room, through the night now!
- I’m grateful for my little family. Last night, Ben and I just sat on the floor in amazement, laughing at our adorable little boys!
- I’m thankful for spring time…it’s been a long, cold winter, but it’s March and we’re almost there!
- I’m thankful for books. One of my favorite things to do is to read to my little guys and I’m grateful for our little library of books that we have to choose from!
Happy day friends!
Good morning! I’m thankful for another new week and fresh start!
Here’s what I’m thankful for this week:
- I’m thankful for a positive diagnosis from the doctor on Friday. Although my situation hasn’t gotten better in a week, it hasn’t gotten worse either, and for now, the medication I am taking seems to be preventing further causes of preterm labor and my babies and I have made it to 30 weeks as of today. Just 6 more weeks until their lungs are fully developed and hopefully I can make it 8 weeks to an ideal delivery time. I’m thankful for my doctor, Dr. T, and his expertise and the medication they have prescribed me.
- I’m thankful for a wonderful weekend with family and friends. Friday evening, we dined at Beer Run with my mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law for dinner before heading to see my niece in her elementary school’s production of 101 Dalmatians. Afterward, we celebrated my niece’s birthday with chocolate cake and ice cream and my nieces and sister-in-law gave us two beautifully hand-made blankets and a handmade soft block for the babies. Then Saturday morning, I cheered on Ben, Sarah, and lots of friends and fellow runners at the VIA 5K. It was a beautiful day for a race and even though I would have preferred to be running or walking, I was glad to be there to support everyone running and walking for such an amazing cause and organization. Plus I got to run into so many awesome people! Afterward, Ben and I attended my niece’s soccer game and got to spend more amazing time outdoors. Then Sunday, we attended the visitation for one of my best friends, Crystal’s, mother. Although it was due to sad circumstances, it was nice to see our good friends and run into some old familiar faces. I’m so grateful for all of these people that make my life so full!
- I’m thankful that I got to spend so much quality time with my mom last weekend and early last week. She left Tuesday afternoon after we had lunch at Timberwood Grill. I enjoyed her being here so much and she did so much for us as well including cooking us a roast dinner, helping me grocery shop, and cleaning our stove. For anyone who knows my mom well, you’ll know that cleaning the stove is HUGE for her since my mom is not a fan of cleaning anything.
- I’m thankful for Ben. He has been so helpful lately with driving me places and doing things for me that I’m not able to do because of my pregnancy. Most importantly, he has been the most calm, confident, and collective expectant father I’ve ever met which has really helped calm my nerves and anxiety about being a new mom to twins. I love him and am so thankful he’ll be the daddy to my babies.
- Lastly, I’m thankful for simple things that most people take for granted, like going to the bathroom. Pregnancy combined with my medication has done a number on my intestines so I’ll just say without getting too detailed that any day I can feel like a fraction of my old self if a good day.
Have a beautiful spring day!
Good afternoon and happy Thankful Monday!
Today I am thankful for the following:
- I’m thankful for a wonderful visit from my mom that isn’t over yet! My mom flew into Charlottesville on Thursday afternoon and after picking her up, we met Sarah and her mom for lunch at the new Zinburger where we enjoyed some delicious burgers (and I got a bananas foster shake for the babies). After that, we spent a quiet night at home with Ben. Friday morning, I made mom breakfast in bed and then we ventured out so I could show her some of the University of Virginia grounds and then we went to the Downtown Mall and had lunch at a local diner, the Nook. We then met Ben at the hospital for our most recent ultrasound and then followed up with dinner at Ben’s parents’ house with his parents and sister and nieces who were in town from Ohio. Saturday, we went to the opening Farmer’s Market of the season where we tried some delicious food and bumped into lots of friends. Afterward, we got dressed up for my amazing baby shower where we celebrated with awesome people, crafts, food, games, and gifts! Mom’s visit would not be complete without a trip to one of our favorite places so Sunday, we continued our weekend by having brunch and the best blood mary’s in town (virgin for me) at Beer Run followed by shopping for the babies. Then we came home and had a delicious roast and veggies that mom had made us in the crock pot. She’s still here until tomorrow so we have some more fun times ahead of us. I love my mom and love when she comes to visit!
- I’m thankful for getting more done to prepare for the babies’ arrival. Last week, I got some more gifts and hand-me-down items from generous friends and family. I also got my TDAP shot and think I found the babies’ pediatrician. In addition, I found a dress for my baby shower that I actually liked (I thought I was going to have to wear maternity jeans after searching for a maternity dress unsuccessfully at both Old Navy and Target). I also had my glucose screening and passed which means I don’t have gestational diabetes…HOORAY! In addition, Ben and I attended our first child birth and baby basics class last Wednesday which was exciting and informative! Things are all starting to come together!
- I’m thankful my babies are still safe and growing. Although the doctor says there is now a higher chance I may deliver early, both my Tex and my Virg are doing well. Tex is head down (YAY) and weighed an estimated 2 pounds and 13 ounces on Friday. Virg is still transverse near my ribs and weighed an estimated 3 pounds and 2 ounces. Both had strong normal heartbeats and are growing at the same rate. Even though the doctor had some not so good news about me, I am very thankful I do not (yet) have to go on bed rest and also so thankful that my babies are healthy and have made it this far. If they were to be born now, they’d most likely be ok after lots of time spent in the NICU (but I pray this doesn’t happen).
- I’m thankful for beautiful warmer weather we had all weekend while my mom was in town. It was so nice to do things outdoors with her and walk around on the Downtown Mall. It’s also been nice to show her some of our plants and springtime blooms since the only other time she’s been to our new house was when everything was dormant and wintery at Christmas time.
- Lastly, I’m thankful for an AMAZING baby shower on Saturday! I’m grateful for my sister-in-law, mother-in-law, and good friend Crystal who all worked so hard to make the day so special for me. I’m also so grateful that so many wonderful friends and family attended to help me celebrate my babies. I’m thankful my mom could visit for the occasion, and I’m so thankful for all of the generous gifts from my friends and family. Ben, Tex, Virg, and I are also so lucky and blessed to have all of these wonderful people in our lives. I leave you with some lovely photos (courtesy of Sarah) from the shower:
Good morning and happy Thankful Monday!
Today, I am thankful for the following:
- I’m thankful for making it to 27 weeks (today) and so far keeping myself and my babies healthy with no known complications. If I can just make it 10 more weeks!
- I’m thankful for having savings that allowed me to pay my car off early so that I won’t have that $660 monthly bill hanging over my head after the babies are born. I got the title to my Subaru in the mail yesterday!
- I’m grateful for all of the wonderful gifts we have received so far for our babies including but not limited to a temporal thermometer (I tried it out yesterday on myself), baby bath towels, a diaper bag, and a humidifier for the nursery. My friends and family are so wonderful and generous!
- I’m thankful for a great boss, coworkers, and company who have been very supportive throughout my pregnancy.
- I’m thankful for warmer weather. Although we are supposed to get more snow tomorrow, I’m so grateful for the few 60 and 70’s days (particularly on the weekends) that have given us a break from the cold. I know long-lasting warm weather is just around the corner and I will be able to wear my flip-flops again!
Have a great day!
Good morning! Spring is actually FINALLY here and we’ve been having beautiful weather so that is definitely something to be thankful for!
In addition to my gratefulness that spring has arrived, I’m also thankful for the following:
- I’m so thankful that Ben and I close on our new house this week! I can’t wait to live in a house again…it’s been 8 years since I’ve lived in an actual house! So long apartment living!
- I’m very happy for my cousin Jennifer and her new husband Eric. They got married in Florida this weekend and I’m extremely thankful for Facebook and all of her friends and family who posted pictures of the beautiful event and lovely family so that I could share in the celebration.
- I’m thankful for the new friends I’ve made at work who have made working here feel much more comfortable and happy.
- I’m thankful for all of the wonderful people who have offered to help us move and fix up our condo to get it ready to rent. We are lucky to have such kind and generous people in our lives.
- I’m thankful that in less than two weeks, I will be a first-time home owner AND I’ll be in Texas visiting my family!
- BONUS: I’m thankful that the Farmers Market is finally back in season. I went early Saturday morning to enjoy it and missed it so much! I’m glad its back for another 9 months!
Have a wonderful and beautiful week. I hope everyone is lucky enough to enjoy some warm and beautiful spring weather (sans allergies of course)!
Good morning and welcome to this week’s Thankful Monday blog post!
I’m thankful for the following (and lots of other things not listed here as well):
- I’m thankful for modern medicine, especially allergy medicine. It’s spring time and with that time of year comes seasonal allergies. Mine are as bad as ever so I’m very happy to have some Allegra, Zyrtec, Flonase, Nasonex, etc. for some sweet relief.
- I’m thankful for my in-laws, especially my
mother-in-lawVirginia Mom, who helped us celebrate a lovely Easter Sunday with a delicious lunch, great company, and Easter egg dying!
- I’m thankful that we were officially approved for our mortgage loan on the house we have under contract. I’m also very thankful for the wonderful inspection and appraisal that it received, the great deal we are getting on it, and the nice and friendly couple who are selling it to us and have taken such great care of the house.
- I’m sad that one of my favorite shows, The Walking Dead, is over until October, but very happy and grateful that its Sunday night spot will be replaced with another one of my favorite shows, Game of Thrones.
- I’m thankful for another Monday and a new month to start fresh!
Happy April, happy week, happy everything!