Archive for the ‘Happiness’ Category
Happy New Year Friends!
I’m wishing everyone peace, prosperity, health, and happiness in 2017! Here’s what I’m grateful for today:
- I’m grateful for an amazing Christmas holiday celebrated in Texas surrounded by so much family! I’m so thankful that we were able to travel and spend time with so many of the people that mean the most to me! I hope you had a great Christmas too!
- I’m thankful that I work for a great company with an awesome employee discount benefit! Our 10 year old TV finally kicked the bucket last night and I was able to save almost $500 on a new TV with my employee discount. Thanks Crutchfield!
- I’m grateful for my mom. She always does her best to make sure that her family has a great Christmas. She outdid herself this year by providing a big and beautiful festive home for us all to convene for the holidays and by cooking some amazing holiday meals! Thank you Mom!
- I’m grateful for my husband who spent his first Christmas away from his parents so that we could spend the holiday in Texas (my first time in 5 years!). I know it wasn’t easy for him or his family to be apart on Christmas so I want to say a special thanks to them all for being cool with it.
- I’m grateful for a fresh start and the new year. There are exciting things coming for my family this year and one of my goals is to try and remain grateful with a positive attitude and to also raise my boys with that same mindset.
Happy 2017! Love you all!
I like this article titled How to Host a Crappy Dinner (And See Your Friends More Often). Its the kind of friend I want to be and have. I’m mostly just posting this here because I don’t want to forget it.
I thought this article on happify.com had some excellent techniques on how to break out of the negative thinking cycle. I often find myself rehashing a negative expereince or thought over and over again which is very unhealthy. In short, the techniques are:
- Go Shopping In your Mind – Whenever you are experiencing negative thinking, break out of the cycle by mentally going through groceries on a shelf, books in a collection, or songs in a playlist.
- Keep Positive Company – Avoid negative people and surround yourself with positive people.
- Physically Throw Them Away – Write your negative thought down on paper and throw it away in the trash.
- Have a Cup of Tea – Studies show the warmth can provide comfort especially when negative thoughts are related to feelings of loneliness.
- Reframe Your Situation – Find the positive and silver lining to a negative experience or take advantage of a negative experience and make it better.
I found another great happiness infographic on lifehack.org and wanted to save it here for future reference.
Time for a little gratitude!
- I’m thankful for a wonderful place to work that provides me with flexibility, a part time schedule, and working from home capabilities that all allow me to spend more time with my children. They also have a wonderful wellness program that has helped me beyond any drug out there and has introduced me to the wonderful world of mindfulness and meditation. And to top it all off, they have a bi-annual employee appreciation day! I’m very grateful to work here!
- I’m grateful for access to therapies for my boys. Because they were born premature, they’ve been late to walk and talk and we are lucky to have a physical therapist and speech therapist who come to our house to work with us in addition to insurance that pays for it. Both the boys are walking now and are starting to mimic our words so I’m very grateful for their continued improvements and development!
- I’m thankful for the good things in life that have been happening for my sister and brother. Within the past year and a half they have both started new jobs in their preferred career path, begun relationships with very nice significant others, and have found their first real adult homes. I’m happy to see them happy!
- I’m grateful for the internet and social media. It has allowed my extended family to stay connected and plan a future family reunion that has been long overdue!
- I’m grateful for long walks on autumn days. My boys and I have been spending lots of time outdoors soaking up the last of the warmth and sunshine before winter comes and it makes me so happy to spend time with them outside.
Happy day friends!
1. Give Up Jealousy
2. Give up the Fear of Change
3. Giving up Control
4. Give up Overwork Time
5. Give up Blaming
6. Give up Complaining
7. Give up the Need to Be Right All the Time
8. Give up Limiting Beliefs
9. Give up Bad Friends
10. Give up the Past
I do alot of these, especially #1, #2, #3, #5, #6, and #10 and this article is a great reminder of the need to be mindful of what is going on in my head and how it can affect my happiness.