I have ALOT to be thankful for today!
- I’m thankful that my Morgan made it through surgery safely and seems to be recovering really well so far.
- I’m thankful for all of the prayers, good thoughts, and well wishes we received from friends and family.
- I’m thankful for my mom, the nurse, who gave us lots of advice and support along the way.
- I’m thankful for my in-laws who watched Carter while we were gone all day for the procedure.
- I’m thankful for all of the amazing doctors, nurses, and staff at the University of Virginia Hospital who took such good care of my baby.
- I’m thankful for Ben and his support during the very rough time for me as a mommy.
- I’m thankful for God and his watchful eye over it all.
Happy day friends!
These are possibly two of the most intriguing and interesting blog posts I’ve ever read (and I’ve read alot of blog posts)!
I highly recommend these posts as well as most anything written by WaitButWhy.com. They explore some really interesting and unique topics using a casual, informal, and entertaining manner.
If you are intrigued by the topic of Artificial Super Intelligence, as I am, I recommend these two free e-books about fictional rises of artificial super intelligence:
Disclaimer: If memory serves me correctly, these stories contain some adult subject matter that may be disturbing to some.
Happy hump day! Here’s what I’m grateful for today:
- I’m grateful that both of my boys, for the time being, are finally sleeping well and mostly through the night. I can finally get a semi-decent amount of sleep as well as feel less anxious about waking them up after they’ve gone to bed for the evening.
- I’m thankful that my father-in-law was able to help us troubleshoot our broken shower so we didn’t have to pay a plumber.
- I’m grateful that we have a spare shower to use while we wait for the new part for our broken shower to arrive.
- I’m thankful for my flexible work schedule and an understanding and supportive employer. Now that I’ve gotten into a groove going back to work, I feel like my part-time schedule is the perfect balance for a working mom, allowing me to spend the majority of my time with my family but also allowing me to make enough money to help pay our bills.
- I’m thankful for Skype, cell phones, and technology which allow me to keep up with my family who live far away, most recently my mom and my cousin Megan.
Happy day friends!
I’m having a very difficult time being grateful today. I’m running on 2 hours of sleep due to sleep training, still trying to get over this cough, and started my morning off by spilling coffee on myself. However, I need to remember that this isn’t forever, it’s just today. So here’s my best shot at being grateful on an ungrateful-feeling day:
- I’m thankful for the meditation session at work today. It was nice just to have some quiet time even if my sleep deprivation was causing me to nod off.
- I’m thankful my babies are feeling better and are over their colds.
- I’m thankful for Ben who has been alternating sleep training duty with me so that we each at least get some sleep every other night.
- I’m grateful for the opportunity to run. It gives me time to think and clear my head.
- I’m thankful for new friends and old friends. This past weekend I got the opportunity to make a new friend as well as hang out with some amazing old friends.
A few things to be thankful for today:
- I’m thankful that my boys are feeling better after their first bad cold.
- I’m thankful that I’m feeling better after catching their cold.
- I’m thankful I didn’t wreck my car or anyone else’s and that no one was injured after skidding on ice/snow yesterday on my way to work.
- I’m thankful for a fun Skype date with my cousin Megan last weekend.
- I’m thankful for baby naps and sleep that give me much needed breaks to get things done.
Wishing happiness to everyone!
I know it’s Wednesday and I’m way behind, but I’m totally overwhelmed lately and exhausted. My boys are sick, I’m sick, Christmas decorations are still up, the house is a mess, and I’m behind in everything that it’s possible to be behind in. But I know there are worse problems in this world so I need some gratefulness in my life today to put things in perspective.
Today, I’m grateful for:
- I’m thankful for the opportunity to go on a date with my husband on Friday, an event that rarely happens these days and that we certainly took for granted before our boys were born. We had lunch at Pasture Q and then saw The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1.
- I’m also grateful for a fun girl’s day and family night on Sunday. Sarah and I were supposed to get pedicures but that fell through so we had coffee and talked instead which is something we haven’t had a chance to do in a long time. Then we met Lindsey to see Into the Woods. It was really nice to just get a break from being a mommy. Then we came home to our husbands taking care of our babies and our in-laws making us pizzas for dinner. I loved getting some family time as well as getting dinner made for us!
- I’m grateful that my brother, sister, and mom came to spend Christmas with us this year and that they all got to stay for such a long time and bond with the boys. I’m also thankful for all the help they gave us with the boys allowing me to get a few extra naps and relaxation in. I know how expensive it can be to fly, especially around the holidays, and I know that traveling takes precious vacation time from work so I hope they know how much it meant to me that they came for Christmas.
- I’m thankful for my husband who puts up with my moping and crying every time my family leaves to go home. I’m sure it must seem to him that I’d rather be with them than with him, but as I’ve told him many times, the fact that I am willing to live far from them shows how much I love him and want to be with him.
- Lastly, I’m thankful for sleep. I may not get alot of it, but I probably get a helluva lot more than some twin moms so I’ll just be thankful for the 4 or 5 interrupted hours I average on a nightly basis.
Have a happy and healthy day! One day I’ll be able to post more often!
I’m really having a hard time being grateful right now as I’m exhausted from lack of sleep, overwhelmed with work, household duties, mothering responsibilities, and Christmas shopping, and just unmotivated with everything piling on. But when is the best time to be grateful? When you find it hardest to be grateful! Of course that is supposedly when it should be the most helpful, so here it goes:
- I’m thankful that we got to take our boys to see Santa and get a Christmas tree on Sunday. And we did it all while supporting two great causes. We donated to the East Rivanna Volunteer Fire Company which hosted the Santa Clause pictures and we bought our Christmas tree from the boy scouts.
- I’m thankful for my husband for taking time off of work on Friday and Monday to help me take the boys to doctors appointments. It’s getting more and more difficult for me to take them places on my own and I’m so thankful Ben has a great employer that allows him to be flexible.
- I’m thankful for fun times this past weekend, stir-fry night with the Rejonis’, a baby shower for my friend Jamie, Christmas cookie decorating, Christmas shopping, and spending time with family and friends.
- I’m grateful for the internet that is making Christmas shopping with 2 seven month old babies much less stressful than it has to be!
- I’m thankful for the sweet smiles and laughs of my boys that make me forget all my troubles!
Happy day friends!
I’m thankful for a free moment to write this post! 😉
I’m a busy woman but not too busy for gratitude! Here are some of my thankful things today:
- I’m thankful my boys are 7 months old today! They started out as tiny premature babies, but they are now big and healthy little guys!
- I’m thankful for a fun and relaxing week last week and the opportunity for my boys to enjoy their first Thanksgiving! We spent the day Skyping with my family in Texas, visiting their grandparents, spending time with their aunt, uncle, and cousin, eating a new kind of squash that their grandma grew, and trying their first meat, turkey.
- I’m thankful for technology, Skype in particular, for allowing me to spend time with my family over the holidays even though we live far apart. I’m also thankful my boys are getting to know their Texas family via Skype!
- I’m thankful for good friends and good times! My friend Lindsey came over to bake pies Wednesday night and it was so nice to get to visit with her. Then on Monday, Sarah and I took all the babies on an almost 2 hour long walk and enjoyed the unusually warm weather! I don’t get to spend as much time with friends as I used to so I’m even more thankful for those opportunities now.
- Lastly, I’m thankful for the fun date night Ben and I had Saturday and also thankful to my mother-in-law for watching the boys. Ben and I went to South Street Brewery where we had our first date a few years ago. It was recently bought out by another local brewery so they had a renovated space, new menu, and lots of new beers to try. So of course we went all out by ordering an appetizer with our meals and trying a flight of all the beers. Then we saw Interstellar which was an awesome movie! I miss these date nights but it’s nice that we still get the opportunity to have them occasionally as I know there are many parents out there who do not have that option.
Happy day friends!