Good morning and happy Thankful Monday.
Today, I am thankful for the following:
- I’m thankful I’ve made it to 32 weeks today and hopeful that I can make it to 36 weeks. I’m also thankful that our babies looked safe and healthy in our ultrasound last week, and I’m hoping for the same diagnosis at our ultrasound today.
- I’m grateful for my in-laws who drove me to the doctor last Monday and are driving me to the doctor again today since it has gotten very difficult for me to drive. I’m also so thankful that they live so close to me in case I need anything or there is an emergency while I am working from home in these last few weeks of pregnancy.
- I’m thankful for my sister-in-law Sarah who came over and helped me get the nursery somewhat organized this weekend and cheer me up since I’ve been a bit house-bound lately.
- I’m thankful for Ben who has put up with my mood swings and been great at supporting me through the rough parts of my pregnancy. I’m also so grateful for his help in fixing all of the furniture for the nursery. He’s working so hard when I know he’d rather be doing other things.
- I’m thankful for all of the support, well wishes, and sympathetic ears from people over the past couple of really difficult weeks, especially my mom.
Hopefully these babies will still be cooking this time next week. Have a great day!
Good morning and happy belated Easter and happy Thankful Monday!
Today I’m thankful for the following:
- Now that it has been officially announced and I can “shout it from the rooftops”, I’m so thankful that my
sister-in-lawsister, Sarah, and brother-in-law, Ian, are expecting a baby! I’m so happy to be an aunt and for my baby boys to have a cousin close to their age! Most of my best friends are my cousins and we had so many amazing times growing up together. I am so happy my babies will have that opportunity as well, especially since I think that family is the most important thing in life! Congrats to Ian and Sarah and baby Davidson! Our family is exploding this year and I am so grateful that so far we are all happy and healthy and bringing new life into this world!
- I’m thankful I’m made it to 31 weeks. I’ve been in so much pain and discomfort over the last week and I know it will only get worse before it gets better, but I try to remember that with every day of pain comes one more day that my babies are safe and growing inside of me. I have been trying to focus on the little things that make me happy like a good hour of sleep, a sunny day, a comforting bath, when Ben rubs my belly and talks to our sons, and the fact that I have a supportive boss and the opportunity to work from home some to help me retain some comfort. My goal is to keep these babies in for another 5 weeks at least no matter how much pain it causes me.
- I’m thankful for a wonderful gift from my mom that I can’t wait to be delivered! Because I have trouble sleeping laying down these days, my mom bought me a glider/rocker/recliner to sleep in until the babies come and then to use for rocking, nursing, reading, cuddling, etc. after the babies are born. My mom is the best and I am even more thankful for her as a mother. I’m also grateful for her understanding and support as she understands what I’m going through and has been helpful when I’m having a hard time remembering to be thankful.
- I’m thankful for my in-laws. Yesterday, they gave us as old chest of drawers they were no longer using for the nursery since buying one is a large expense we shouldn’t incur and then my father-in-law helped Ben fix the leak in our bathtub so I can take baths again and experience some form of weightlessness to have a break from carrying around my gigantic belly. I’m also thankful that despite falling down the stairs on Friday, my mother-in-law only broke her toe and was not seriously injured.
- I’m thankful for my third opportunity to mentor for Computers 4 Kids and get to know another young member of my community. Unfortunately I had to finish up our mentoring sessions early on Thursday due to my pregnancy but I’m so glad I got to mentor my third learning partner. I learned alot from her and from our mentoring sessions and I hope she learned just as much from me.
Have a happy day!
Good morning! I’m thankful for another new week and fresh start!
Here’s what I’m thankful for this week:
- I’m thankful for a positive diagnosis from the doctor on Friday. Although my situation hasn’t gotten better in a week, it hasn’t gotten worse either, and for now, the medication I am taking seems to be preventing further causes of preterm labor and my babies and I have made it to 30 weeks as of today. Just 6 more weeks until their lungs are fully developed and hopefully I can make it 8 weeks to an ideal delivery time. I’m thankful for my doctor, Dr. T, and his expertise and the medication they have prescribed me.
- I’m thankful for a wonderful weekend with family and friends. Friday evening, we dined at Beer Run with my mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law for dinner before heading to see my niece in her elementary school’s production of 101 Dalmatians. Afterward, we celebrated my niece’s birthday with chocolate cake and ice cream and my nieces and sister-in-law gave us two beautifully hand-made blankets and a handmade soft block for the babies. Then Saturday morning, I cheered on Ben, Sarah, and lots of friends and fellow runners at the VIA 5K. It was a beautiful day for a race and even though I would have preferred to be running or walking, I was glad to be there to support everyone running and walking for such an amazing cause and organization. Plus I got to run into so many awesome people! Afterward, Ben and I attended my niece’s soccer game and got to spend more amazing time outdoors. Then Sunday, we attended the visitation for one of my best friends, Crystal’s, mother. Although it was due to sad circumstances, it was nice to see our good friends and run into some old familiar faces. I’m so grateful for all of these people that make my life so full!
- I’m thankful that I got to spend so much quality time with my mom last weekend and early last week. She left Tuesday afternoon after we had lunch at Timberwood Grill. I enjoyed her being here so much and she did so much for us as well including cooking us a roast dinner, helping me grocery shop, and cleaning our stove. For anyone who knows my mom well, you’ll know that cleaning the stove is HUGE for her since my mom is not a fan of cleaning anything.
- I’m thankful for Ben. He has been so helpful lately with driving me places and doing things for me that I’m not able to do because of my pregnancy. Most importantly, he has been the most calm, confident, and collective expectant father I’ve ever met which has really helped calm my nerves and anxiety about being a new mom to twins. I love him and am so thankful he’ll be the daddy to my babies.
- Lastly, I’m thankful for simple things that most people take for granted, like going to the bathroom. Pregnancy combined with my medication has done a number on my intestines so I’ll just say without getting too detailed that any day I can feel like a fraction of my old self if a good day.
Have a beautiful spring day!
Good afternoon and happy Thankful Monday!
Today I am thankful for the following:
- I’m thankful for a wonderful visit from my mom that isn’t over yet! My mom flew into Charlottesville on Thursday afternoon and after picking her up, we met Sarah and her mom for lunch at the new Zinburger where we enjoyed some delicious burgers (and I got a bananas foster shake for the babies). After that, we spent a quiet night at home with Ben. Friday morning, I made mom breakfast in bed and then we ventured out so I could show her some of the University of Virginia grounds and then we went to the Downtown Mall and had lunch at a local diner, the Nook. We then met Ben at the hospital for our most recent ultrasound and then followed up with dinner at Ben’s parents’ house with his parents and sister and nieces who were in town from Ohio. Saturday, we went to the opening Farmer’s Market of the season where we tried some delicious food and bumped into lots of friends. Afterward, we got dressed up for my amazing baby shower where we celebrated with awesome people, crafts, food, games, and gifts! Mom’s visit would not be complete without a trip to one of our favorite places so Sunday, we continued our weekend by having brunch and the best blood mary’s in town (virgin for me) at Beer Run followed by shopping for the babies. Then we came home and had a delicious roast and veggies that mom had made us in the crock pot. She’s still here until tomorrow so we have some more fun times ahead of us. I love my mom and love when she comes to visit!
- I’m thankful for getting more done to prepare for the babies’ arrival. Last week, I got some more gifts and hand-me-down items from generous friends and family. I also got my TDAP shot and think I found the babies’ pediatrician. In addition, I found a dress for my baby shower that I actually liked (I thought I was going to have to wear maternity jeans after searching for a maternity dress unsuccessfully at both Old Navy and Target). I also had my glucose screening and passed which means I don’t have gestational diabetes…HOORAY! In addition, Ben and I attended our first child birth and baby basics class last Wednesday which was exciting and informative! Things are all starting to come together!
- I’m thankful my babies are still safe and growing. Although the doctor says there is now a higher chance I may deliver early, both my Tex and my Virg are doing well. Tex is head down (YAY) and weighed an estimated 2 pounds and 13 ounces on Friday. Virg is still transverse near my ribs and weighed an estimated 3 pounds and 2 ounces. Both had strong normal heartbeats and are growing at the same rate. Even though the doctor had some not so good news about me, I am very thankful I do not (yet) have to go on bed rest and also so thankful that my babies are healthy and have made it this far. If they were to be born now, they’d most likely be ok after lots of time spent in the NICU (but I pray this doesn’t happen).
- I’m thankful for beautiful warmer weather we had all weekend while my mom was in town. It was so nice to do things outdoors with her and walk around on the Downtown Mall. It’s also been nice to show her some of our plants and springtime blooms since the only other time she’s been to our new house was when everything was dormant and wintery at Christmas time.
- Lastly, I’m thankful for an AMAZING baby shower on Saturday! I’m grateful for my sister-in-law, mother-in-law, and good friend Crystal who all worked so hard to make the day so special for me. I’m also so grateful that so many wonderful friends and family attended to help me celebrate my babies. I’m thankful my mom could visit for the occasion, and I’m so thankful for all of the generous gifts from my friends and family. Ben, Tex, Virg, and I are also so lucky and blessed to have all of these wonderful people in our lives. I leave you with some lovely photos (courtesy of Sarah) from the shower:
Happy Thankful Monday! It’s been a busy day so I’m just now getting around to posting.
Here’s what I’m thankful for today:
- I’m thankful for a good checkup with my OB on Friday and getting to hear both my babies’ heartbeats! I’m also thankful that I only have to wait 4 more days until our next ultrasound (it’s been 5 weeks) and that my mom gets to attend this one!
- I’m thankful for an awesome girls day yesterday! Pedicures with Sarah and Crystal were so relaxing and then we picked up Chipotle and watched an awesome season finale of the Walking Dead. What a fun evening with great people!
- I’m so so so so VERY thankful for all of the baby gifts we’ve received. Of course I’ll be sending out thank you notes, but people are just so generous and I have to express my gratitude here as well! And again I’m so thankful for the generosity of local moms who have donated so much free baby gear to us and sold us so many things for really cheap! We are blessed!
- I’m thankful that Ben and I FINALLY agreed on 1 baby name (just the first name) that we both really like. Now we just need 1 more first name and two middle names!
- I’m so grateful my mom is coming to visit on Thursday for my baby shower and staying a few days. It will be wonderful to have her here!
- I’m thankful that we are finally getting some warmer weather, even if it does involve rain (as long as it’s not snow)!
- I’m thankful that Ben did so well at the Charlottesville Ten Miler on Saturday. He did an amazing job and finished in an hour and 25 minutes, 57th out of 105th in his division, and 510th overall and he didn’t even train this year! Plus he rubbed my belly (instead of a high five) at the finish line!
- I’m thankful for a great dinner with our friends Robert and Crystal last week. We always have a blast with them!
Ok, I couldn’t stop thinking of things to be thankful for. Plus there are even more but I can’t post them.
Have a great day! Love you all!
Good morning and happy Thankful Monday!
Today, I am thankful for the following:
- I’m thankful for making it to 27 weeks (today) and so far keeping myself and my babies healthy with no known complications. If I can just make it 10 more weeks!
- I’m thankful for having savings that allowed me to pay my car off early so that I won’t have that $660 monthly bill hanging over my head after the babies are born. I got the title to my Subaru in the mail yesterday!
- I’m grateful for all of the wonderful gifts we have received so far for our babies including but not limited to a temporal thermometer (I tried it out yesterday on myself), baby bath towels, a diaper bag, and a humidifier for the nursery. My friends and family are so wonderful and generous!
- I’m thankful for a great boss, coworkers, and company who have been very supportive throughout my pregnancy.
- I’m thankful for warmer weather. Although we are supposed to get more snow tomorrow, I’m so grateful for the few 60 and 70’s days (particularly on the weekends) that have given us a break from the cold. I know long-lasting warm weather is just around the corner and I will be able to wear my flip-flops again!
Have a great day!
Good morning and happy Thankful Monday!
Today I am thankful for:
- I’m thankful for my husband who helped me finish painting the nursery this weekend despite the fact that he never wanted to take on the project in the first place. I’m also thankful for the initial help of my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law in picking out paint colors and getting the project started. It feels so good to be done painting the room and it looks so much better than it did with pink walls and ceilings!
- I’m thankful for wonderful friends and family who are throwing me a baby shower and I’m also grateful for all of the friends and family who are coming from near and far to help me celebrate the arrival of my boys.
- I’m thankful for the daily movements and kicks that I get to feel from my boys. They may not always be the most comfortable sensations but they remind me that there are two miracles growing inside of me.
- I’m thankful that my mom is able to come from Texas to attend my baby shower and spend a long weekend with me. She might even get to see her grand babies on ultrasound at our next appointment.
- I’m thankful for answering services and a doctor who calls me back right away on weekends for even the smallest concerns.
- I’m thankful for the generous baby shower gifts we’ve received so far including a diaper bag, temporal thermometer, bath mat kneeler, hooded bath towels, and a humidifier.
- I’m thankful for health insurance and all of the costs it has covered so far including $220 of my $300 breast pump I received last week!
Have a great day!
Here’s a great video entitled “Shawn Achor: The Happy Secret to Better Work” that talks about rewiring your brain to be a happier person:
I thought this slide from his presentation was great at describing the things a person can do each day to rewire their brain so that they become a more positive thinker ultimately allowing them to be happier, more successful, and more efficient at learning:
The video is only about 12 minutes long and the speaker is engaging and funny (plus he’s from Texas). Give it a watch!
101 Reasons You Should Live In Texas At Least Once In Your Life – the title says it all!