Today I’ve got made thanks for the following:
- I’m thankful that both boys slept all night because all 3 of us really needed it with fighting these colds!
- I’m thankful we got through the time change this weekend without any major sleep issues.
- I’m thankful for celebrations coming up…lots of fun baby showers and my boys’ first birthday party!
- I’m thankful for a fun weekend that included brunch with my husband at World of Beer (awesome breakfast tacos) followed by the movie Chappie. Then I got to meet awesome friends for dinner and drinks at Timberwood Grill for Collin’s birthday followed by cake and beer at his house. Timberwood had Three Notch’d Brewery‘s new Biggie S’mores Imperial Stout that I’ve been wanting to try! And to top it off, we took the boys to brunch at Fellini’s (they have a Make Your Own Bloody Mary Bar) with our awesome pals, Robert and Crystal, followed by a sunny, warm stroll on the Downtown Mall!
- I’m grateful for my husband! I love him so much and the older the boys get, the better partners in parenting we are becoming!
Happy day friends!
Hi All! Here’s a long-overdue Thankful post. Today, I’m thankful for the following:
- I’m thankful my boys haven’t caught the stomach bug that Ben and I had last week.
- I’m thankful that both of my boys are sleeping in their cribs, in their own room, through the night now!
- I’m grateful for my little family. Last night, Ben and I just sat on the floor in amazement, laughing at our adorable little boys!
- I’m thankful for spring time…it’s been a long, cold winter, but it’s March and we’re almost there!
- I’m thankful for books. One of my favorite things to do is to read to my little guys and I’m grateful for our little library of books that we have to choose from!
Happy day friends!
1. Give Up Jealousy
2. Give up the Fear of Change
3. Giving up Control
4. Give up Overwork Time
5. Give up Blaming
6. Give up Complaining
7. Give up the Need to Be Right All the Time
8. Give up Limiting Beliefs
9. Give up Bad Friends
10. Give up the Past
I do alot of these, especially #1, #2, #3, #5, #6, and #10 and this article is a great reminder of the need to be mindful of what is going on in my head and how it can affect my happiness.
I have ALOT to be thankful for today!
- I’m thankful that my Morgan made it through surgery safely and seems to be recovering really well so far.
- I’m thankful for all of the prayers, good thoughts, and well wishes we received from friends and family.
- I’m thankful for my mom, the nurse, who gave us lots of advice and support along the way.
- I’m thankful for my in-laws who watched Carter while we were gone all day for the procedure.
- I’m thankful for all of the amazing doctors, nurses, and staff at the University of Virginia Hospital who took such good care of my baby.
- I’m thankful for Ben and his support during the very rough time for me as a mommy.
- I’m thankful for God and his watchful eye over it all.
Happy day friends!
These are possibly two of the most intriguing and interesting blog posts I’ve ever read (and I’ve read alot of blog posts)!
I highly recommend these posts as well as most anything written by WaitButWhy.com. They explore some really interesting and unique topics using a casual, informal, and entertaining manner.
If you are intrigued by the topic of Artificial Super Intelligence, as I am, I recommend these two free e-books about fictional rises of artificial super intelligence:
Disclaimer: If memory serves me correctly, these stories contain some adult subject matter that may be disturbing to some.
Happy hump day! Here’s what I’m grateful for today:
- I’m grateful that both of my boys, for the time being, are finally sleeping well and mostly through the night. I can finally get a semi-decent amount of sleep as well as feel less anxious about waking them up after they’ve gone to bed for the evening.
- I’m thankful that my father-in-law was able to help us troubleshoot our broken shower so we didn’t have to pay a plumber.
- I’m grateful that we have a spare shower to use while we wait for the new part for our broken shower to arrive.
- I’m thankful for my flexible work schedule and an understanding and supportive employer. Now that I’ve gotten into a groove going back to work, I feel like my part-time schedule is the perfect balance for a working mom, allowing me to spend the majority of my time with my family but also allowing me to make enough money to help pay our bills.
- I’m thankful for Skype, cell phones, and technology which allow me to keep up with my family who live far away, most recently my mom and my cousin Megan.
Happy day friends!
I’m having a very difficult time being grateful today. I’m running on 2 hours of sleep due to sleep training, still trying to get over this cough, and started my morning off by spilling coffee on myself. However, I need to remember that this isn’t forever, it’s just today. So here’s my best shot at being grateful on an ungrateful-feeling day:
- I’m thankful for the meditation session at work today. It was nice just to have some quiet time even if my sleep deprivation was causing me to nod off.
- I’m thankful my babies are feeling better and are over their colds.
- I’m thankful for Ben who has been alternating sleep training duty with me so that we each at least get some sleep every other night.
- I’m grateful for the opportunity to run. It gives me time to think and clear my head.
- I’m thankful for new friends and old friends. This past weekend I got the opportunity to make a new friend as well as hang out with some amazing old friends.
A few things to be thankful for today:
- I’m thankful that my boys are feeling better after their first bad cold.
- I’m thankful that I’m feeling better after catching their cold.
- I’m thankful I didn’t wreck my car or anyone else’s and that no one was injured after skidding on ice/snow yesterday on my way to work.
- I’m thankful for a fun Skype date with my cousin Megan last weekend.
- I’m thankful for baby naps and sleep that give me much needed breaks to get things done.
Wishing happiness to everyone!