My thankful posts are all over the place, but I guess that’s a consequence of being a twin mom. I’m just grateful I’m able to find time to be grateful! 😉 Here are a few of my thankful thoughts for today:
- I’m grateful that another good friend had her baby and that everyone is happy and healthy.
- I’m thankful for my job and place of business. I am so lucky to work somewhere that gave me a 6 month maternity leave, allowed me to come back part time at 30 hours a week in order to keep my benefits but also spend more time with my boys, and lets me work a flexible schedule. There needs to be more companies and organizations that follow their lead when it comes to being family friend and having a work-life balance.
- I’m thankful for a wonderful Easter filled with family and friends who were able to come to our house on Sunday to join us for brunch.
- I’m grateful for spring! The boys and I have been going on lots of walks and runs and getting our Vitamin D after a long and cold winter.
- I’m thankful for my sweet boys who do so well when we take them places and introduce them to new things outside of their regular routine. Carter and Morgan went to the farmer’s market and then ran errands with Ben and I all day on Saturday and they did so well!
Love you friends!
That’s me…I’m happy and grateful today!
- I’m so thankful that several of my friends have recently had healthy little babies with no complications! And I’m so grateful that we have all these wonderful little people joining our world!
- I’m thankful for a mommy’s night out with my bestie and SIL, Sarah! We went to the Tin Whistle Irish Pub on Friday and enjoyed good beer from Three Notch’d Brewing Company, great Irish food, awesome Irish music, and amazing homemade desserts! It was so nice to have a date with one of my best friends and chat without babies interrupting us!
- I’m grateful for all the other moms out there who have been so helpful to me in this first year of motherhood. I will never be able to express how thankful I am for all of their advice, support, friendship, and love.
- I’m thankful for good nights when my boys sleep well all night and go to bed without a fight!
- Lastly, I’m thankful for my husband Ben who is so good with our boys! Seeing them smile when they see him makes my heart happy!
Love to all!
Happy Tuesday friends! It feels like I’m always in a hurry these days, but here’s a quick list of gratitude to keep me mindful!
- I’m thankful for a healthy heart, strong legs, and a nice day that allowed Ben and I to run the Charlottesville Ten Miler on Saturday. We each got personal records for the distance and ran the whole time despite a lack of training due to cold weather, snow, illnesses, and overwhelming parenting duties!
- I’m thankful to my mother-in-law for everything she does for us. She got up early on her day off and watched the boys so Ben and I could run the race Saturday. She rocks!
- I’m thankful for my 3 men! The other day I was thinking that it finally feels like I have a family! I’ve been missing this feeling since I went away to college and I finally feel complete again.
- I’m thankful for warm weather and sunny skies! My 3 men and I have been going on lots of walks outside now that spring is upon us! I hope to instill a love of the outdoors in my children so we’re getting out as much as possible!
- I’m grateful for spring and summer! There are so many fun things planned in the next few months, I can hardly contain myself!
Happy day friends!
I’m super busy but here’s a quick list of gratitude:
- I’m thankful neither of my boys caught either of the stomach bugs I’ve had in the last month.
- I’m thankful for the health of my family and myself. There have been a few deaths among my circles recently and it makes me realize how grateful I am that we are doing well right now.
- I’m grateful for spring and warm weather! We have had a few warm days in the past week, including one with a temperature of 82 degrees! I’ve been able to get out for walks and runs the past 3 days! It was a long winter but I think warm weather is here to stay a while!
- I’m thankful that my Morgie got a clean bill of health from the pediatric urologist at his post-op follow-up visit on Monday.
- I’m thankful for our physical therapist and the great strides she’s helped my boys make over the past few months.
Kind of a long title for a post, I know!
I recently discovered that an individual out there maintains a genealogical website about members of a branch of my family tree. I’ve always been interested in genealogy so the website alone intrigued me. However, I discovered that within his website, he was linking to a term paper I wrote my freshman year of college about my relative, Edward F. Mitchusson, who fought and died at the Alamo.
I had created a professional website a while back, leslieelsaifi.com, and linked to my term paper mostly as a way of being able to reference the document whenever I wanted and have a backup copy in the cloud. I had no clue anyone else even knew it was out there, let alone linked to it!
It’s pretty cool that research I did almost 13 years ago is getting shared with others around the web!
Today I’ve got made thanks for the following:
- I’m thankful that both boys slept all night because all 3 of us really needed it with fighting these colds!
- I’m thankful we got through the time change this weekend without any major sleep issues.
- I’m thankful for celebrations coming up…lots of fun baby showers and my boys’ first birthday party!
- I’m thankful for a fun weekend that included brunch with my husband at World of Beer (awesome breakfast tacos) followed by the movie Chappie. Then I got to meet awesome friends for dinner and drinks at Timberwood Grill for Collin’s birthday followed by cake and beer at his house. Timberwood had Three Notch’d Brewery‘s new Biggie S’mores Imperial Stout that I’ve been wanting to try! And to top it off, we took the boys to brunch at Fellini’s (they have a Make Your Own Bloody Mary Bar) with our awesome pals, Robert and Crystal, followed by a sunny, warm stroll on the Downtown Mall!
- I’m grateful for my husband! I love him so much and the older the boys get, the better partners in parenting we are becoming!
Happy day friends!
Hi All! Here’s a long-overdue Thankful post. Today, I’m thankful for the following:
- I’m thankful my boys haven’t caught the stomach bug that Ben and I had last week.
- I’m thankful that both of my boys are sleeping in their cribs, in their own room, through the night now!
- I’m grateful for my little family. Last night, Ben and I just sat on the floor in amazement, laughing at our adorable little boys!
- I’m thankful for spring time…it’s been a long, cold winter, but it’s March and we’re almost there!
- I’m thankful for books. One of my favorite things to do is to read to my little guys and I’m grateful for our little library of books that we have to choose from!
Happy day friends!
1. Give Up Jealousy
2. Give up the Fear of Change
3. Giving up Control
4. Give up Overwork Time
5. Give up Blaming
6. Give up Complaining
7. Give up the Need to Be Right All the Time
8. Give up Limiting Beliefs
9. Give up Bad Friends
10. Give up the Past
I do alot of these, especially #1, #2, #3, #5, #6, and #10 and this article is a great reminder of the need to be mindful of what is going on in my head and how it can affect my happiness.
I have ALOT to be thankful for today!
- I’m thankful that my Morgan made it through surgery safely and seems to be recovering really well so far.
- I’m thankful for all of the prayers, good thoughts, and well wishes we received from friends and family.
- I’m thankful for my mom, the nurse, who gave us lots of advice and support along the way.
- I’m thankful for my in-laws who watched Carter while we were gone all day for the procedure.
- I’m thankful for all of the amazing doctors, nurses, and staff at the University of Virginia Hospital who took such good care of my baby.
- I’m thankful for Ben and his support during the very rough time for me as a mommy.
- I’m thankful for God and his watchful eye over it all.
Happy day friends!
These are possibly two of the most intriguing and interesting blog posts I’ve ever read (and I’ve read alot of blog posts)!
I highly recommend these posts as well as most anything written by WaitButWhy.com. They explore some really interesting and unique topics using a casual, informal, and entertaining manner.
If you are intrigued by the topic of Artificial Super Intelligence, as I am, I recommend these two free e-books about fictional rises of artificial super intelligence:
Disclaimer: If memory serves me correctly, these stories contain some adult subject matter that may be disturbing to some.