Good morning and happy Thankful Monday!
Here’s what I’m thankful for today:
- I’m thankful for beautiful weather this weekend that allowed me to spend a great deal of time enjoying the outdoors. I’m especially grateful for this since the weather will soon be turning cooler and the days are already getting shorter. My husband and I enjoyed the weather by running several miles and doing lots of productive yard work.
- I’m thankful for a wonderful and amazing massage I got at Oasis Day Spa & Body Shop and I’m also so grateful for the gift certificate that my
sister-in-lawsister and brother-in-law gave me for Christmas. I’ve been saving it for a special occasion and I decided to treat myself as a reward for losing 9 pounds on Friday. The massage was great and they worked out several crazy knots I didn’t even know I had!
- I’m thankful for the chance to support a great cause on Sunday by running the inaugural 9/11 Heroes Run on the University of Virginia grounds. The race was in support of the Travis Manion Foundation which supports our nations veterans and service members and their families. This race is especially close to the hearts of firefighters and rescue squad members, like my father-in-law (who told us about the race and has been an active rescue squad member/firefighter for over 3 decades), because the race benefits first responders and service members like Travis Manion for whom the foundation is named.
- I’m thankful for a new phone! There are probably more important things to be thankful for, but sometimes you’ve just got to focus on the simple things. I’m very thankful that Verizon shipped me a new phone for free(thanks to my foresight in choosing to pay for phone insurance) especially since last week we had 2 broken air conditioning units, Ben’s broken car, my broken phone, and a leak in our bathtub. My old phone had been acting up for months and continued to get worse and worse so a new phone that, so far, works seamlessly is a blessing!
- Lastly, I’m thankful for the opportunity this week to get together with some of my old friends from VGT and catch up. A VGT Girl’s Night Out has been long overdue!
Have a wonderful week!