Welcome to today’s Thankful
Monday Wednesday post! Monday was my birthday and yesterday was Christmas and my mom was in town so there was little time for blog posting. Here’s what I’m thankful for this week:
- I’m thankful for the BEST most wonderful mom who loves me so much. She knew I was down in the dumps about not being able to fly to Texas for my birthday and Christmas this year (the first time ever) so she flew to Virginia and surprised me! I love her so much it makes my heart hurt!
- I’m thankful for my wonderful husband and friends who helped facilitate my mom’s trip by picking her up from the airport and delivering her to me at the ugly Christmas sweater party I was attending.
- I’m thankful for my Virginia family who not only helped my mom plan the surprise but were generous hosts while she was here, making us dinner and desserts on several occasions. I’m also thankful for them welcoming us into their home on Christmas Eve and Christmas.
- I’m thankful for airports, pilots, airplanes, and everything else that allows us to travel far and wide these days. Mom was able to travel to Virginia Friday night and then back to Houston on Christmas morning in order to spend time with my sister on Christmas after she got off work.
- I’m thankful for my husband for being caring, considerate, and understanding, and giving me a shoulder to cry on when it was finally time for my mom to leave. I miss her so much, but I’m so thankful for the people who I love who live close by to get me through the times when I find myself missing my family unbearably!
Merry belated Christmas to everyone and mom, if you are reading, I love you so much and am grateful for you everyday!