My posts have been few and far between this year, but that’s mostly because I’ve been out experiencing life! Since one of my goals of writing this blog has been to document all of the new and wonderful experiences I have as I make my way through each day, I figured I should share some of those.
Well in no particular order, here they are:
- Got engaged!
- Test drove new cars
- Bought a new car!
- Bought a wedding dress
- Planned and threw 2 baby showers
- Introduced my dad to my future in-laws
- Became a landlord (i.e., invested in a rental property)
- Successfully competed in Warrior Dash
- Found the only Alamo Drafthouse outside of Texas and watched a double feature
- Drove to New Jersey and back in less than 48 hours
- Saw a production of Disney’s Newsies at the Papermill Playhouse and met the cast at a local diner afterward
- Created a wedding website and registered for wedding gifts
- Got a promotion to Software Engineer II
- Learned how to play the awesome game of Dominion
- Planned a wedding (partially)
- Threw a Silpada party
- Got second place in a Biggest Loser contest at work
- Made a fall wreath
- Became addicted to Pinterest
- Went to Smith Mountain Lake
- Watched an elementary school production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Attended the Top of the Hops Beer Festival, met up with an old college roommate, and met a famous blogger
- Had engagement photos taken by an awesome photographer
- Made my own t-shirts for Shamrockfest 2011, the 2011 Charlottesville Women’s Four Miler, and Breaking Dawn Part 1
- Went to a bridal show
- Participated in Office Olympics
- Got my concealed weapons permit
- Attended Scrum training by one of the inventors of Scrum
- Spent a wonderful long weekend in Disney World with my dad, step-mom, little brothers, and my fiance
- Had an AMAZING girls weekend in the Outer Banks
- Helped plan an engagement brunch for a friend
- Attended the 7th Annual Pink Ribbon Polo Classic at King Family Vineyards and met the owner who attended my alma mater
- Watched the Royal Wedding
- Crowd Surfed during the Dropkick Murphys performance at Shamrockfest
- Saw a real live bear
- Experienced my first earthquake…SCARY
I’m sure there are a ton of things that I’m leaving out and so many pictures and stories to go with all of these experiences, and one day I’ll hopefully get them all up here on the blog.
It’s been an AMAZING year so far and I’m hoping 2012 will be even better!
Hope your 2011 has been as great as mine!